What is the one handgun...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slack One

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For me it would be a first gen Colt SAA.

I recently had the pleasure of cleaning/lubing/de-rusting a slew of Colt SAAs. Amongst them was a very good condition first generation Frontier Six Shooter in .44-40 with the black powder frame.

Your lust is well grounded! The balance and action on that thing was buttery. Though the honey of the bunch to me was a four inch in .45 Colt. That thing was so...slick... o_O (Was also surprised how awesome feeling the much-derided Colt Lightning DA pistol was...though the insides looked like a Swiss watch...)

But my pinacle gun would look a lot more like Itdavel's...but instead of a Broomhandle Mauser, it's be a Luger with forestock and detachable buttstock. America's goofy laws on pistol vs. short barreled rifle has effectively killed a neat niche market in small carbines...

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I always used to say it would be my S&W 629 Mountain Gun, but times have changed. I'd go for a plain old boring Glock 17 these days and be quite happy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom