What is your Religious Affiliation?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is your Religious Affiliation?

• Catholic

Votes: 26 10.8%
  • Baptist

Votes: 71 29.5%
  • Charismatic/Assemblies of God/Holiness

Votes: 21 8.7%
  • Anglican/Lutheran/ Presbyterian

Votes: 9 3.7%
  • Atheist

Votes: 18 7.5%
  • Agnostic

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Muslim

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Jewish

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • Believe in God but no organized religion

Votes: 62 25.7%
  • Mormon

Votes: 4 1.7%

• Total voters

Waltherfan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was raised in the Evangelical United Brotheren Church which was "Borged" by the Methodist and we became United Methodists. Our ways as the EUB were forgotten as we were assimilated in the our new religion. I was fairly young then but couldn't understand why what we had believed in so strongly was given up. That raised doubts about the whole thing and once I became a teenager I questioned more and more and found their answers lacking. For a long time I was an athiest, then agnostic. Finally I found my calling and am now a Philisophical Daoist.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I didn't actually vote because none really match my "affiliation." However, the phrase "biblical, non denominational" is very close.

I was raised in the church of Christ and life has given me an interest in learning all kinds of religions. High point was in Pakistan in the '60's when I was stationed with a Catholic, a Jew, and a smattering of others, including a houseboy that had converted from Islam to Christianity. The discussions were very enlightening.

While I have always questioned, I've stayed with church of Christ, which is mostly referred to as a reformation movement instead of a protestant one. We aren't "protesting" against any philosophy, but we are trying to worship in a biblical manner similar to what was practiced in the 1st century. We cannot make claims of supremacy because we aren't God and can't really speak for what He will allow at the judgement.

The Bible is important because without it, there is no other "source" of Christian teaching.

imasoonerfan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Raised Southern Baptist but have not been in a church on Sunday morning in quite a while.

I would love to get back but I cannot find a church I like and my wife likes so we have not gone.

amcardon

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One of the 3 (as of this post) who marked Mormon. Very involved with my local congregation, served a mission in Mexico.

benjamin-benjamin

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Raised in a very conservative Church of Christ, there is a group of us that has "broken off" from the church of Christ "network", where we are worrying less about how every other denomination is wrong and how right we are, but more so focused on what we can do for others and trying to approach things from more of a humble approach (we are messed up sinners that are saved by Christ grace) opposed to arrogance (we are right and can out proof text anyone). We also regularly show videos from different preachers, Methodist, baptist, etc.. and openly discuss "controversial" ideas openly..

Latest posts

Top Bottom