What Medicines to stock?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know that there are a few folks out there that have put out list of what medicines they think that someone should stock in their final location for SHTF scenarios.

I'm not talking about fish antibiotics or "natural" cures here.

Let's assume that you have the power of the prescription and can order basically what you want.
or a direct line to a Canadian Pharmacy and they will beam it to your living room.
or a "Don't search me" tag for your suitcase after a trip to Mexico.

What medicines and in what amount would you think you should have in your supplies?
Lets say you expect 6 months to 1 year without the ability to get good/routine medical care.

Just wondering.

Dave

SomeCallMeMom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd also add some antihistamines, cold/flu and anti-diarrhea as far as OTC stuff. For script stuff, I'd have several antibiotics (to treat gram neg & gram pos bacteria) like streptomycin and cephalexin.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
SHTF means bad water and infection. So lotsa anti diarrheal meds and antibiotics. Whichever brands ya like. Also ibuprofen and tylenol. For swelling and fever. Any narcotics as well.

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In my case as an old guy with many health issues, if I survive the initial issues, I will need the meds that regulate my heart beat, my diabetes, and the others listed above. I have an irregular heart beat that is controlled with medication. I tried coming off of it some years back and after about 4 weeks, the irregular beats came back with a bang. Doc told me that I would have to be on the meds for the rest of my life. For some reason, he didn't think I was a candidate for the ablative procedure to fix it. Bottom line, no meds, short life.

subprep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
anti diarrheals <-- lots of it, gross to say but you can **** yourself to death pretty fast. antibiotics as many as I can get my hands on.
anti inflamation drugs, narcotics. If I had the power of the pen I would try to get my hands on as much and every kind of med I could.

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
hydrogen peroxide
iodine
rubbing alcohol
aspirin/ibuprofen
benadryl
anti diarrhea
decongestants
anti biotics
percocet
liquid codeine
morphine
insulin
epinephrine
....to name a few. some of it would have to be kept in cold storage to keep it from expiring.

Latest posts

Top Bottom