What Medicines to stock?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

securitysix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Personally, I'd want to have some penicillin on hand. If my older sister is around, I'd also need a good non-penicillin alternative since she's allergic to it, tetracycline, maybe?. A powerful enough pain killer to deal with major pains like broken bones or getting shot (Percocet, Vicodin, Lortab, something along those lines) would be good, but I'd be worried about someone getting addicted to it and becoming a problem if there was very much around. I know both of my parents are on prescription medications for a couple of things, so if I could stock up on those, I would.

Non-prescription pain relief: Acetaminophen (generic is fine, doesn't have to be Tylenol), Aspirin, Ibuprofen, Goodies headache powder, Orajel Severe Toothache & Gum (when you need it, it's amazing), and Orajel Antiseptic Mouth Rinse (because you can cure a canker sore in 2 days with baking soda, but if it's at the back of your throat, that's not really an option).

Non-prescription other: Benadryl, Dayquil (or a generic equivalent, capsules are fine), Nyquil (again, generic and capsules are fine). Maybe something a little milder than benadryl for the people who tend to fall asleep after they take it. Electrolyte drink mix powder (if you're stocking up on anti-diarrheals, you might want to add this, too). Probably a good idea to add a topical anti-biotic like Neosporin, too.

That's all I can think of at the moment.

SomeCallMeMom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Personally, I'd want to have some penicillin on hand. If my older sister is around, I'd also need a good non-penicillin alternative since she's allergic to it, tetracycline, maybe?.

Cephalexin is my go to non-penicillin abx since I am allergic to the whole lot.

Maybe some Z-packs? If I had a script, I'd probably also get a stash of Birth control pills for trade (or for BB's side biz) :naughty:

I would also add a good stash of multi-vitamins and colloidal silver to the OTC stuff.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cephalexin is my go to non-penicillin abx since I am allergic to the whole lot.

Maybe some Z-packs? If I had a script, I'd probably also get a stash of Birth control pills for trade (or for BB's side biz) :naughty:

I would also add a good stash of multi-vitamins and colloidal silver to the OTC stuff.

Lol ... I'd sure need them ... I figure if I want girls who are good at what they do I'm gonna need to offer a competitive compensation package ... seems like half price meals from the restaurant (but no discount on drinks), and monthly physicals with the appropriate preventative care is the least I can do ... it's not like I'm gonna be the one shaving my legs every night ... I'm WAY too grumpy to entertain anymore ... :wink2:

I've got an "in" with the JBTs so the girls won't have to pay taxes ... and God help any Yahoo that gets too rough with them ... :fallangel

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The yahoos that get too rough become targets for the pistol range downstairs, right?

That's right. I need somebody to walk those things out to 150 feet or so for target practice. I sure don't wanna walk out there and back ... Lol

Brings to mind that scene in The Jackal where Bruce Willis' character tells Jack Black's character to hold still ... :P

adluginb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's currently a C3, this is new. After October it will be a C2. Which means no more call in rx's and patients will have to get a new hard copy for each prescription. What was changed previously was no refills or transfers but it could still be called in
OK, I found it.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/22/health/hydrocodone-dea-rules/index.html

They just changed it last week.
Surprised I haven't seen anything in the mail about it.
But, they changed it to this level in Oklahoma last year so it won't change things too much.

Glad I'm not in Jersy. I think you have to have special Rx pads in triplicate for Sched II meds.

Dave

Latest posts

Top Bottom