What pistol powder are you guys using??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cedar Creek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm a revolver guy, so I usually try to load increments of of six for new recipes - 18 generally. Then I can go out and try it before I whip up a bunch of what I think will be wonderful and find out it sucks. (Oh, yeah, I've done that a few times in my 40+ years of handloading.) For rifles I will load 9 or 12 because I shoot three-shot groups.

Good Luck!

Cedar Creek

hrdware

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So far I've been using 800X, 700X, SR7625 and Unique.
The SR7625 and Unique for my 9km......800X for my .45
Wish I had more of the SR7625...my M&P loves it.

I have heard that IRM is going to stop producing the SR4756 and the SR7625 this year.

I'm on the hunt for something for loading 38 special and 45 ACP but haven't found anything around locally, at least via the stores websites.

TheLastDaze

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been hoping powder valley would surprise me with stock but nothing yet, I called and they recommended following them on Face Book but I dont have an account... they also said they update sites inventory 3X a day...

Im set on everything else but a solid source for powder selection

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
We're all hurting on pistol powder right now. Hang in there. We're starting to see supplies com back. I even saw to NEW production titegroupi pass through a few sites a few days ago.

We're getting there.

Repubiman

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have heard that IRM is going to stop producing the SR4756 and the SR7625 this year.

I'm on the hunt for something for loading 38 special and 45 ACP but haven't found anything around locally, at least via the stores websites.

I've been using Clays for .38 special and using 3.0 grs for a 158 grain LRN. Had great results with it.