What the heck?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Actually more to it than meets the eye. Is it the State charging the extra $100, or the Federal Government? Oklahoma gets 19 cents per gallon of diesel or gas. EV's in general are heavier than gasoline cars as well. The state of Oklahoma is not promoting EV's as far as I know, but the federal government is.
The state might not be openly promoting EV use, but you can bet they aren't going to be shy about holding their hand out to collect those 'road taxes' from other ways if they cannot get it from gas/fuel sales.

Millerman

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Uncle Sam has his hand out everytime you reach for your wallet. He takes when you earn a dollar, he takes if you save a dollar, he takes if you spend a dollar, if you spend that dollar on lumber to build a shed he will tax you for having it as long as it stands.
If you buy an electric car you pay sales tax, tag tax every year, and tax on the electric they use that gas cars don't.
Personaly I think thats why elections are as far from April 14 as they could make it, and we should change that so that we vote while that tax payment is fresh on our minds.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
saw where one of the OK legislators wants a road tax law where you pay based on mileage you drive because of ev's not paying gas taxes.
sounds like cali BS more and more coming to our state
I heard this too. They said the reason it hasn’t gone into effect is because they don’t know how to track the miles driven by each vehicle YET!!!

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
tracking your mileage isn't that difficult if you're driving a newer vehicle. You know that little flat panel up on the stoplights? It's also reading every piece of information your car gives off. If you have any systems like onstar or similar, that panel is picking up your vin, make and model. And on the toll roads, the RFID panels can track you at every point their installed. So when you get on and every exit. taking backroads might defeat it to some extent, but Id almost bet they start putting something on stop signs too. I think the biggest issue is going to be how will they sort through all of that information? I'd would surmise that inspections will come back so they can record your mileage every year and just bill you based on that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom