What to do in New Mexico in Jan/Feb

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amcardon

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We are looking at taking a trip to New Mexico (likely the Albuquerque area) in January or February. Never been there before, and the purpose is to meet up with my wife's brother and his family - haven't seen them in years. I'm working with his wife so that neither he nor my wife realize we're meeting up.

Anyway, we have 6 kids (newborn to 12 years old) and they have 4 (2 years to 10 years old). I have tried looking online and am not coming up with much. We like doing anything outdoors and am hoping that some of y'all that have spent some time over there might have some suggestions.

Before it's asked, we're looking at Albuquerque because it's roughly halfway between us. Brother in law is border patrol out of Tucson...

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We are looking at taking a trip to New Mexico (likely the Albuquerque area) in January or February. Never been there before, and the purpose is to meet up with my wife's brother and his family - haven't seen them in years. I'm working with his wife so that neither he nor my wife realize we're meeting up.

Anyway, we have 6 kids (newborn to 12 years old) and they have 4 (2 years to 10 years old). I have tried looking online and am not coming up with much. We like doing anything outdoors and am hoping that some of y'all that have spent some time over there might have some suggestions.

Before it's asked, we're looking at Albuquerque because it's roughly halfway between us. Brother in law is border patrol out of Tucson...

4 adults and 10 kids... I hope you have a hefty budget available... (I can barely manage a trip to McDonald's with 2 adults and 3 kids...)

amcardon

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not opposed to Santa Fe at all...

When I lived in CO I just about lived on the mountain, snowboarding every chance I got. However, that was 15 years ago and haven't been since. Last time my wife went she broke her leg. We also have a 7 week old baby right now. Point being, skiing ain't gonna happen this trip :-) but thanks for the recommendation!

amcardon

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
4 adults and 10 kids... I hope you have a hefty budget available... (I can barely manage a trip to McDonald's with 2 adults and 3 kids...)

We definitely have to budget to go anywhere, but we've been able to keep most trips very reasonable... By the way, you wanna refinish a savage 234 stock for me? ;-)

Latest posts

Top Bottom