What would a an ideal carry gun?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pharr Shot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like my Springfield EMP 1911 9MM. Very concealable and not too heavy. Looks great and feels great.
Did have to send it back to Springfield due to some stove pipes and failure to chamber issues. They straightened it out.
A little pricy though at 1K.

That's kinda of a reason why I'm not looking into the small 1911's.... They do have some problems, they're kinda like a hit and miss kinda thing. They'll work right out or the box or you'll have nothing but problems right out of the box.
But I have considered it though on getting something like that.

Elm Creek Smith

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can't go wrong with a Smith & Wesson K-Frame. My primary off-duty carry is a 3 inch, blued S&W Model 13-3 in .357 Magnum. My on-duty back-up and sometimes off-duty carry is a nickel-plated S&W Model 37 in .38 Special. The Model 37 (J-Frame) is harder to shoot well than the K-Frame Model 13-3. When someone asks me about the weight of the Model 13-3, I point out that my duty handgun is a 4 inch S&W Model 686-6 (L-Frame), which in itself is a fine carry gun.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
what a useless thread ... sorry but a 16 yr old should NOT be thinking about a conceal carry weapon.
at age 16 .. most will not have the judgement an adult has and just might be tempted to CC a weapon.
and probably will get away with it .. tempting a 16 yr old to do more stupid acts ..

Pharr Shot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
what a useless thread ... sorry but a 16 yr old should NOT be thinking about a conceal carry weapon.
at age 16 .. most will not have the judgement an adult has and just might be tempted to CC a weapon.
and probably will get away with it .. tempting a 16 yr old to do more stupid acts ..

I don't see how this is a useless thread?
For starters, I'm not the dumb typical 16 year old out on the streets thinking I'm some hot stuff.
I understand the laws, I know that I gotta' be at the age of 21 years old to carry.
Is there something wrong with thinking ahead instead of just seeing what's only in front of my nose?
I'm not that big of a fool to be carrying around a firearm at this age.
I practice CCW drills at home and out on the shooting range, there's not a problem with that, so how would there be a problem in thinking in advance on what a good CCW would be?
It's not like as soon as I get the firearm I'm gonna' strap it to my hip and just walk off, like I said, I'm not that foolish.

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree. The kid is a little eager, but so were most of is when we started to CC. he asks good questions and seems to be pretty level headed. He is not on here acting like infowar rebel with 15 guns strapped to him.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't see how this is a useless thread?
For starters, I'm not the dumb typical 16 year old out on the streets thinking I'm some hot stuff.
I understand the laws, I know that I gotta' be at the age of 21 years old to carry.
Is there something wrong with thinking ahead instead of just seeing what's only in front of my nose?
I'm not that big of a fool to be carrying around a firearm at this age.
I practice CCW drills at home and out on the shooting range, there's not a problem with that, so how would there be a problem in thinking in advance on what a good CCW would be?
It's not like as soon as I get the firearm I'm gonna' strap it to my hip and just walk off, like I said, I'm not that foolish.

This. I've met him. I think I can say I know his dad fairly well. They are good, level-headed folks. Nothing wrong with a young man doing his research and asking question of those who can help him make an informed decision. It is a shame more kids his age aren't as mature and thoughtful.

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

He's been shooting, handling firearms since he was five years old. He also has a good collection of firearms. He is also allowed to handle them any time he wants. Alexander is trying to learn all he can about firearms, not just shooting them. You might want to get to know him before you start throwing rocks.

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Luckily, you didn't broadly generalize and make yourself out to be a complete jack wagon.

Latest posts

Top Bottom