What would a an ideal carry gun?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pharr Shot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If Glocks are out, then here's my list:

Sig P938/P238
Sig P6/P225
Sig P290RS
CZ RAMI
CZ 75 Compact/PCR/P-01
Beretta Nano
Remington R51
HK P7
Springfield CMP
Springfield's XDs
S&W M&P Shield
Kahr PM9
Ruger LC9

I like the Ruger LC9 but the trigger pull is like from Hong Kong to NYC! :P
I like the Kahr's but it's just the grip, odd to me.
The Shield isn't bad at all to me, to me one of the better in the M&P series.
All the XD series guns are great!
My dad did have a HK P7, but know it's like an arm and a leg for one! But that would be a GREAT carry option!
I'm thinking on the R51, doesn't look to bad.
I like the Nano, but it's just a wee bit to short in the grip and I like to have a slide release.
The CZ's a great options, but I'm left handed....
All those Sig are a bit to small for me, but I LOVE the 225! I don't know though what you mean by a P6? Did you mean to type "P226"?

Pharr Shot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ideal? The ideal gun for CCW today will most likely be different than in 5 years when you are legally allowed to carry one. Maybe you should create yet another thread about that.

I'm not really sure what you mean by making another thread about that? About what is the question. Yeah there might be "New" looking guns out then but everything is pretty much the same. Maybe not externally, but internally it's the same. The only new thing is when they start making phase beam guns like from Star Trek. :P

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
S&W 640 .357
Kahr k9, 9mm
Commander size 1911 .45acp
Browning hp, 9mm

These are my fav's. My 640 is a lil heavy but the heft keeps me on target. It hasnt ever failed to fire.

Mr10mm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe a EAA Compact in 10mm. Start looking at ft lbs of energy in the different calibers. That's really what matters unless they are wearing body armor.

Pharr Shot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
S&W 640 .357
Kahr k9, 9mm
Commander size 1911 .45acp
Browning hp, 9mm

These are my fav's. My 640 is a lil heavy but the heft keeps me on target. It hasnt ever failed to fire.

The S&W 640 is a "J" frame, right?
If I get a Kahr then it'll be their new "CT45" or their CW45, the only difference is that the CT45 has a slightly longer barrel.
I've thought about a Commander size 1911, they're not to bad.
Actually my dad gave me one of his 2 Browning Hi-Powers, what's cool about this one is that is was an Israeli military issued one, so it has the Star of David on it. I just need to adjust the sights on it.

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All those Sig are a bit to small for me, but I LOVE the 225! I don't know though what you mean by a P6? Did you mean to type "P226"?

No, the P6/P225 are single stack 9s. They are similar in size to a P229, but slimmer and lighter. The P6s are typically European LE agency trade-ins while the 225s are the discontinued civilian version of the 6.

My P6 carries more comfortably than my smaller G26!
img.tapatalk.com_d_14_02_18_upereza6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom