Whataburger in KC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Johnnies is great, just do not consider them to be fast food.
We like them too. Believe it or not, Earl's BBQ makes a pretty good burger too. About 1/2lb I think and you can get it with grilled onions, grilled jalapenos, or other fixins. Sometimes I like to get it plain and put their BBQ sauce on it.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some people that don’t live near Braum’s love the place. I heard of an oil guy that came up here to check on his investments ate at Braums everyday because his town didn’t have one. I want to say Houston. He loved Braums. Lol
I don’t have a Braums near me and make a point to eat at one when I get the chance, but the last 3 or 4 times have really let me down. Two were in the Dallas area, one in Edmond, and one in Guthrie.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t have a Braums near me and make a point to eat at one when I get the chance, but the last 3 or 4 times have really let me down. Two were in the Dallas area, one in Edmond, and one in Guthrie.
They have really went down hill over the last few years, I met a family member a couple time at Braums , once at 74th and May and once at Tri-city. Both places were filthy to the point I could smell the latrine before I got there to wash my hands!! Did not eat at either of those The one closer to the house is cleaner but the food runs from under cooked to burnt and served with a frown.................... Have given up on them.

BTW ...How does an Ice-cream shop run out of Ice-cream?? Black walnut is not some weird request!

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The burgers at some Braum's are really good. At other units not so much. Have to try them out to find the good units and hope the staff keeps up the standard one's next visit. There is a recently opened Whataburger near me that will require a sampling trip some day soon. I really enjoyed the old time Whataburgers!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It’s been many years since eating a fast food burger.
Braums in Coffeville Ks was the last one on one of our trips to Missouri to trout fish.
Wife and I agreed there was something off with the meat. We couldn’t get over the feeling there was a layer of fat in our mouths.
Burgers are always eaten at home and are always wild game, elk or deer. It’s been 30 years or more since buying any ground beef.

Latest posts

Top Bottom