What's the biggest regret in your life...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
...that tenth shot of Wild Turkey, and everything that transpired after. A bunch of Marines, headbutts, broken teeth, blood, U.S. Navy Shore Patrol, foot chase, chain link fence, golf course, choke holds.

On second thought, nope...got no regrets that sh$t was classic and I'll keep it.

That's not a regret, that's a War Story! I'm with you. Shite happens, good and bad. Take the lesson and drive on.

keensaber

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well the first marriage was definitely a mistake. My best man tried to talk me out of it the night before and the day of the wedding. Other than that, I have few regrets. First one is tied to the marriage. I was asked by my brother to go to a concert before I went into the Army and i declined because my girlfriend had a fit about it. The second one is also related to the marriage. My Dad who is now dead always wanted to go fishing near a fishery and i declined because my ex-wife again through a fit about it. The third regret I guess you could tie to the marriage. I turned down multiple scholarships to play college football becuase I was getting married. I really wish I would have played college ball. My last regret is not going to Special Operations while I was in the Active Army. i was given several opportunities and declined. I am too old and too high in rank to do anything that high speed now.

SlammerG_89

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well the first marriage was definitely a mistake. My best man tried to talk me out of it the night before and the day of the wedding. Other than that, I have few regrets. First one is tied to the marriage. I was asked by my brother to go to a concert before I went into the Army and i declined because my girlfriend had a fit about it. The second one is also related to the marriage. My Dad who is now dead always wanted to go fishing near a fishery and i declined because my ex-wife again through a fit about it. The third regret I guess you could tie to the marriage. I turned down multiple scholarships to play college football becuase I was getting married. I really wish I would have played college ball. My last regret is not going to Special Operations while I was in the Active Army. i was given several opportunities and declined. I am too old and too high in rank to do anything that high speed now.
I hear you about the college thing. I had 2 full ride offers to ROTC one for OU the other for UCO. I turned them down because my gf at the time (who is now my wife) was going to go to rn school. Luckily it paid off because she graduate and has a great rn job and i went to school for something i really fell in love with and everything is good now.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hear you about the college thing. I had 2 full ride offers to ROTC one for OU the other for UCO. I turned them down because my gf at the time (who is now my wife) was going to go to rn school. Luckily it paid off because she graduate and has a great rn job and i went to school for something i really fell in love with and everything is good now.
BOOOO this is not a regret, its that you didnt get to do it the way you wanted

.Now my 5(married to 6) marriages could have some regrets p in them......but theres more ghoulish things out there .
MMWWWUUUAAAHHHAAA

Digger

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Definitely not letting the Lord run my life at an earlier age. I am now 63 and am thankful that I know a God who is a forgiving God and sent His only Son to die on a cross for me. I have had a good life but many earlier bad choices! He can forgive anyone who will only ask Him and believe in Him.

briarcreekguy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Two big ones, in no particular order:

That my first marriage ended. That put me on the path that led to a second marriage that also failed, that left me with no children, that I always wanted!

When my older sister was in the hospital being treated for cancer, I went up to see her. The treatments left her nauseous, so the nurse came in and gave her something to treat her nausea. That put her to sleep, I should have stayed until she woke up, but I left. That was the last time we were alone together. I was able to see her a few more times, but we always had folks around us. I wish that we could have had a long conversation, but that was not to be, and a few months later she was gone. That was six years ago and I still miss my big Sis.

SlammerG_89

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
BOOOO this is not a regret, its that you didnt get to do it the way you wanted

.Now my 5(married to 6) marriages could have some regrets p in them......but theres more ghoulish things out there .
MMWWWUUUAAAHHHAAA

I do regret it now. I could of killed Osama damnit! :D . But on a more serious note i do regret not going to rotc because if i would of gone depending upon which service i chose i would of been going for sf with my buddy who made it. The funny thing was when we took the asvab test we took it through the local recruiting office and when they got our results they told us not to bother signing up with them and to forward our results to rotc because we were quote "to smart" for the grunt work. WOW if they only knew.

Latest posts

Top Bottom