What's the biggest regret in your life...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I regret not buying a couple of machine guns when they were much, much cheaper.

I don't waste much time with regrets. I am where I am now, and like it or not, it is where I am. The past can not be changed, only right now, and the future. The past can only be learned from. I am happy where I am.

cowzrul

Distinguished 1998
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A few things come to mind that I wish I would have done differently:

1) When I was attending OU in the early 90's Dr Price from the business college suggested people take a look at some technology stocks Microsoft and Dell. YUP! I am an idiot.
2) Taking student loans based on the advice of a counsellor instead of my needs.
3) In 1985 when I was in Infantry Training School at Camp Pendleton CA I put $900 down on a HK91-A3 and got shipped out soon after. I could care less about the cash I want that rifle.
4) Being forced to celebrate Halloween when I was a kid. It ruined me.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Regret? Has no place with me. Have I made some bad choices and bad decisions? Absolutely. Knowing then what I know now would I have made those same decisions? Yes. Those decisions be them bad or good made me who I am today. Am I the greatest?, no... Am I respected by most? I'd be inclined to say yes. I am who I am because of the decisions I have made, so there is nothing to regret.
--Mech

My GAWD ... you sound like the 5000 year old hermit living on the side of a mountain in a perpetual winter! ;)

I only have one regret ... that I didn't take JBTs more seriously earlier in life. ;) Oh and that I didn't start drinking scotch and listening to Marvin Gaye regularly until he was gone ... :(

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
...that tenth shot of Wild Turkey, and everything that transpired after. A bunch of Marines, headbutts, broken teeth, blood, U.S. Navy Shore Patrol, foot chase, chain link fence, golf course, choke holds.

On second thought, nope...got no regrets that sh$t was classic and I'll keep it.

pistolpete95

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Missing an Allman bros concert in OKC in '71 because it was a school
night. Otherwise i probably learned something from most of the regretful
decisions I've made.

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This may make no sense to you the young ones here, but some may understand. I was raised in Lone Wolf, Ok. Everyone was family, I learned to drive a standard transmission, plow with many different tractors, that had no cabs and A/C, drive combines and cut wheat and take the wheat to the elevator. Hand Picked Cotton, in those days, Lone Wolf started school first part of August and went for two weeks and then let school out for two weeks, so EVERYONE, no matter who you were, picked cotton. We Picked first on Kay McCormicks place NW of Lone Wolf and then moved to the Winters place and picked the cotton there. What I am trying to impress here is that in the 50's and 60's we were all family and that was the way it was. Well, to keep this shorter, we moved to Hobart, 9 miles away. Well, when you have a Country Club, and honestly a bunch on certain University grads, things were different. To This day I regret it except that was what my dad had to do, being a banker (that is another story you don't want now or ever), but there were many upsides to it in later years.

Sorry, but this brought up a lot of old memories which I cherish and to this day I keep in touch with the Lone Wolf folks and from Hobart. Just sayin'.

Had to edit my errors, but I was 7 years old when Kay McCormick put me in the pickup to learn the 3 speed std trans on the pickup and herd some cattle down the road. Kay was as I later learned a South Pacific, WWII vet of combat. He like all others and my dad never talked of it. But, Over the years, I found that I have gained my very dry sense of humor, sick almost to a point, sense of humor. from my dad and Kay and the people of Lone Wolf.

Good night and good luck. Edward Murrow from the 50's.

SlammerG_89

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As Sinatra sang in My Way. "Regrets? I've had a few, But then again, too few to mention. I did what I had to do, and saw it through without exemption. I planned each charted course - Each careful step along the byway, and more, much more than this, I did it my way."

My 1 and only major regret was not telling my grandma i loved her when she was in the hospital about to pass away. I just knew she was going to live because she had lived and gotten better from the same problems before. My daughter made me tear up over it last night because she told me that if she could see her mawmaw's mom that she would give her a great big hug and mawmaw's mom would give her a great big hug back. Made me realize how much i miss my grandma.

Latest posts

Top Bottom