Whats up with superdave gun shows?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ASP785

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Even the Wanenmacher show? I've gone there looking for specific firearms, and come out with something different. This time, I really wanted a postage stamp IHC Garand, and left with a M1A with almost all USGI metal parts (except the receiver, of course) made by the original Springfield Armory - something you just don't see these days.

The size of that show, IMHO, increases the chances of finding something that tickles one's fancy, so the entry fee isn't as much of an issue as it is at the smaller shows.

If you are a collector of rare and or unique firearms, Wannemacher is the place to be. If you want a Glock, it's hard to swallow the fee when local stores are cheaper anyway. I only go to the shows to look for something rare.

CastleB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will second this OR.... you go in looking for something specific and walk out with something completely different. I will say that my gunshow days are long gone, the brick and mortar stores here in Tulsa beat 99% of the gunshow prices I see.

Agree with Tulsa LGS having what I am looking for. BUT, the shows always have something jump out at me that I wasn't looking for at all.
Most of the time, Gun shows for my buddies and I, are a way to spend a few bucks to get in to walk around and talk guns until one of us get a wild hair and find something we couldn't live without.
Sometimes it's just about having a place to hangout with like minded folks and check out some cool stuff.

Toney

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Norman shows were pretty good. The one in Stillwater was worse. I heard the one in OKC a few months back was practically empty. It is a shame.

I was disappointed with the sw show, I thought I would meet a lot of members. Other than the vendors I was the only one wearing a name tag...

Dave didn't have the time to say howdy... it also looked to me after looking at Dave's posts, he was just here to promote his show.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was disappointed with the sw show, I thought I would meet a lot of members. Other than the vendors I was the only one wearing a name tag...

Dave didn't have the time to say howdy... it also looked to me after looking at Dave's posts, he was just here to promote his show.

He got so busy, he didn't have time to do much else. Honestly, he seemed to kinda disappear from the forum for the most part. There were also a couple of incidents where he caught alot of flak, whether justified or not, I don't know, but I think it made him a bit... let's say... disinclined to be overly active here.

It's too bad.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, I remember one thread, I think it was about a Lawton show, that was pretty bad. Dome people just gotta hate.

Latest posts

Top Bottom