What's up with the .40's?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dukester

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I've been watching Armslist in both Oklahoma and Wyoming lately since I'm working up here, and I've noticed a lot of .40 caliber handguns getting listed. Is the love for the .40 starting to wear off?

ber

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I noticed that too. Just my opinion, but to me the 40 is a lil too snappy. Love the round just don't like the snap. Just like I do not like .357 sig it's a loud lil b**** when shot close to you.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The 40 seemed to be most popular with LE and Glocks. As it happened, the Glock 22 was their problem child. Broken frames and unsupported chamber issues, numerous recalls.

Recently, it seems that departments are going back to the 9mm due to ammo re-design and cost. The 45 GAP is popular with several state agencies on the east coast.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
To me the .40 is the best choice in a number of polymer platforms that allow for a quick caliber barrel swap.

Wished .45gap would've taken off and I was considering picking one up when they were blowing them out dirt cheap, but that caliber is all but dead. As much as I like .357sig, I dunno if it's not far behind.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think ammo prices have something to do with it,9mm is much cheaper to shoot and just as effective if you place your shots where they count

Latest posts

Top Bottom