What's up with this winter?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nemesis

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
60's and 70's and January is almost over? I'm new to the area (as in I didn't grow up here).

Has this happened before? Does this happen routinely?

white92coupe

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's Oklahoma. Almost anything can happen with the weather. Next week could bring a blizzard, and one hell of a snow storm. Boy Scouts motto "always be prepared".

been

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
this time last year we had 2 feet of snow! Im surprised it hasnt been too cold yet, but it will get worse later. Or i could sound like an idiot and say its global warming.

B

blacklabelmongo

Yeah I remember in Feb of '11 when we had those 3-4 ft snow drifts. I managed to make it a couple hundred feet by foot to the gas station for beer and beef jerky, for survival purposes of course

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
La Nina. Mostly very mild winter. Expect it to be much colder and wetter in late winter. Sort of like last year. If it extends into spring then expect a drier but more severe season. Again, just like last year.

mhphoto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Blaming global warming for a warmer-than-normal winter is as asinine as making snarky remarks about global warming causing cold snaps during the warmer months.

Climate ≠ Weather

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We do go through cycles like this. I remember several winters with no snow and others that were just brutal.

Latest posts

Top Bottom