whats your most sentimental firearm?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All of my grandpas guns that I have. The stevens model 58 12 gauge, stevens-springfield model 120 single shot .22 and the glenfield semi auto .22.

weldingman12

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have two. The first is a model 97 Winchester Crome my granddad. It is in no condition to operate. I have debated several times on restoring it. But I think it would make less of his gun.

The other would be a CZ52. I bought it for my dad one year for Christmas. It was one of his most appreciated possessions.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Another one I'd love to have back is my grandpas Type 99 arisaka, nagoya arsenal series 6 serial 923XX. Sold it to a guy a few years ago and he refuses to sell it back to me.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A Benjamin Pellet Gun:
When I was 4 years old I was playing in the woods next to our house and found the gun in a bush I was playing in. I drug it out and was playing with it in the yard when my Mom saw me and asked where I got the rifle. I told her I found it in the bushes so she let me keep it. The next week my grandfather came by and I showed it to him. He took it and had it refinished and the pump action fixe brought it back to me about a month later. That was my very first gun and the gun that my grandfather taught me to shoot with. 46 years later, That little Benjamin pellet rifle is sitting in my safe. I love that gun for all the memories of me and my grandfather.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Savage 12 ga. side by side passed from my Dad to me on Christmas when I was fourteen. We did a lot of bird hunting back then, which was the only shooting my Dad did. He did though come home one day with a Ruger single six and a H&R 9 shot revolver and told me and my older brothers "you boys need to learn to shoot these." We did and still have both revolvers. Dad has been gone 14 years next week but he sure had a grasp of what the future could bring and how to prepare his children for it.

JaredC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Definitely my Model 12 Winchester in 16 gauge that my Grandpa bought when he was young. I never got to shoot it with him but I always knew it was in the closet and he had told me one day it would be mine.

Then he got brain cancer when I was 15. When I came to Oklahoma while he was dying of it, for some reason my Grandma let me take it out and shoot birds or whatever. Whenever sitting in the house watching him dwindle away would get to me, I would go out and shot that gun. Then once he died, my Dad and I split up his guns and that was the one I picked of course.

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My 2nd most sentimental gun is a K-98 8mm Mauser,,,
My great-uncle Bantie gave it to me.

Well, actually my grandfather gave it to me,,,
After he got it from Bantie.

Bantie and Lou never had children of their own,,,
So all summer long they had nieces and nephews visit them.

Bantie had a pair of old Stevens single shot 22 pistols,,,
When I stayed with them for a month one summer,,,
We shot them just about every day I was there.

Bantie would stop on the way home and get two six-packs of canned beer,,,
Then after dinner we would go out in his back yard to shoot,,,
We sat on this big log and he would drink a beer,,,
Then toss the can out for me to shoot at.

Please refrain from making comments about alcohol and firearms,,,
It was the mid 1950's and was a much different world then.

Mom had a snapshot that Lou took of me and Bantie on the log,,,
It was a view of our backs with 300 pound Bantie and 6 year old me beside him.

Anyways when Bantie passed away I asked my grandfather what had happened to his guns,,,
One of the other nephews had asked for the 22 pistols and received them from Lou,,,
Papa had taken the 8mm Mauser before it could be given to a different cousin,,,
He gave it to me and I still have it in original condition today.

Every time I look at it,,,
I relive fond memories of Bantie and that log.

Aarond

Latest posts

Top Bottom