Whats your occupation..?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abbazabba73

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
hi, im Arvid at Flash Fire Protection, i install automatic fire sprinkler systems commercially and residential. service, inspections, new construction. i also do custom work on all my guns and all my buddies' guns who are stupid enough to let me!

aestus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have absolutely no idea what you just said.

Most people don't.... rofl.

Basically, I'm a designer and information architect. My specialty is in user experiences. Most people equate that to the user interface of a website, application, or device. However, the user experience is a bit more broader than that. User experience is where Apple got their claim to fame, as their products usually sets the standard for products in their class and why they command a higher price. User experience can also mean the difference between the shopping experience of Walmart and Target. As an information architect, I research and review business processes, make technological recommendations, organize data and information, and regurgitate my findings and recommendations in a way that CEO's and managers can understand and digest. I am empowered to say that what they're doing is crap and they're wasting a lot of money or resources in how they conduct businesses (if my findings supports this.) I then offer solutions in how to remedy that through the use of a technological solution or in the form of a product or application. In the case of websites or applications, the end result are wireframes. Wireframes are basically digital blueprints that developers use to build functionality and designers use to build visual designs based off the content and functional spec outlined in the wireframe documents. As for the Creative Director title, I lead a team and I'm also pretty creative and nifty with visual design :P

The reason for the emphasis on user experience instead of design is because there are a lot of design companies that can create visuals, produce interfaces, or design products. But not all of them are successful and many have a lot of flaws. Most companies don't have the user experience researchers that we have. People usually come to us when their own attempts have failed or when they want to improve their existing products or services. Third party companies are usually contracted to build and research a prototype and the they slap on their logo and mass produce it. Dell, Microsoft, Samsung, ect all do this. Even companies like Apple who have a very powerful engineering and product design division with an army of user experience designers will hire a company like Frog Design to do prototype products and UI's.

Anyways, I could give an hour long presentation on this stuff, so I'll stop now and spare you the boring details heh.

To summarize we did this:

[Broken External Image]

and this:

[Broken External Image]

and you can see my personal works I've done on my own that is more web/visual design at http://www.tommyyi.com

jcizzle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Internet Marketer: I consult companies on how to use the web to market their business. Customer process from searching for you to repeat business and referral: Web design / Google Search / Email Marketing / Video etc etc

Fun bc I get to learn about the inside function of all sorts of businesses from HVAC companies to Vets and Dentists to a selling a dog poop scooper. :-)

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Retired Air Force Officer - 24 Years as an F-4G, F-4E, F-4F, and F-15E weapon systems officer (WSO).
I am now a civilian working for the US Army at Ft Sill in the Joint and Combined Integration Directorate - I am the token Air Force guy (just kidding - I'm the deputy director)

Latest posts

Top Bottom