When does the idiot finally get it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh Rick, don't you get tired of guzzling the same old koolaid?

This is from the UK but we have the same problem here.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/HEALTH/01/05/autism.vaccines/index.html?hpt=T1&iref=BN1

The writer, Brian Deer, said Wakefield "chiseled" the data before him, "falsifying medical histories of children and essentially concocting a picture, which was the picture he was contracted to find by lawyers hoping to sue vaccine manufacturers and to create a vaccine scare."
Unfortunately, (Wakefield's) core group of supporters is not going to let the facts dissuade their beliefs that MMR causes autism.

According to BMJ, Wakefield received more than 435,000 pounds ($674,000) from the lawyers. Godlee said the study shows that of the 12 cases Wakefield examined in his paper, five showed developmental problems before receiving the MMR vaccine and three never had autism.

BluRaySS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Meet the new boss, same as the old boss. The Tea Party guys will fall in line with the others. It will all be about staying in power.

YUP! As my sig line says!

A politicians only job is to get reelected!

It is their career, screwing you less than the other guy when you are watching.

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They have but the folks on the left and the lawyers did not like the answers. Start with tort reform, allowing insurance companies to cross state lines, etc, etc.

I'm always interested to hear what people who favor deregulation have to say about this article:

http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/07/25/why-markets-cant-cure-healthcare/

And don't say RAAAWWWRRR PAUL KRUGMAN IS AN EVIL LIBRAL. He has a Nobel Prize in economics so I'm JUST GUESSING that he has a factual/theoretical basis for what he's saying.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm always interested to hear what people who favor deregulation have to say about this article:

http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/07/25/why-markets-cant-cure-healthcare/

And don't say RAAAWWWRRR PAUL KRUGMAN IS AN EVIL LIBRAL. He has a Nobel Prize in economics so I'm JUST GUESSING that he has a factual/theoretical basis for what he's saying.

Krugman has a Noble Prize, but so does Friedman, and their views are pretty opposite of each other. The prize itself doesn't mean much aside from the guy having an idea - it doesn't necessarily mean the idea will go anywhere.

My biggest problem with Krugman is he ignores one of the basic facets of economics: People are not inherently 'good,' and they will do what it takes to get themselves ahead. Often at the expense of their neighbors. The idea of some sort of requiring some insurance, and that an insurance company cannot make a profit, undermines why the insurance companies even exist. Operating at a loss, or even no profit, violates even the most basic microeconomic principles.

perfor8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How about voting for people with workable policy solutions?

I'm all for several key parts of the Tea Party position - greater fiscal responsibility, less corruption, yadda yadda yadda.

My problem has been that they're very good at pointing out Washington's problems but they've been pretty short on suggesting solutions. For example, the healthcare bill that was passed was a debacle, no doubt: conservatives think it was far overreaching and too expensive, and liberals think it was a compromise that ended up just being a massive gift to insurance companies. The Tea Partiers have done a great job of pointing out what went wrong there. BUT, the state of healthcare in this country pre-reform was horrible. I will start to take the Tea Party more seriously when they outline a program to undo Obamacare, and then well-defined legislative steps to improve the situation somehow.

With respect to the "state of healthcare in the country" it is neither within the Constitutional realm of the legislature, nor the financial responsibility of the taxpayer, to "improve the situation somehow".

The "solution", is to defund all previous solutions.

Don't hold your breath.

dutchwrangler

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Now this I like but I would make it 4 years and no longer. Takes them a few months just to find out where the restrooms are.

Imagine though how little damage they can inflict upon us while spending those months searching for the restrooms. :D

I've never seen the logic of having our federal legislators being full time pricks. The Constitution layed out the proper role fo the federal government. All the executive branch needs to concern itself with is executing those duties as outlined. Everything else should be left to the states to deal with.

I know, I'm viewing everything through simplistic eyes. I tend to do that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom