When police come to your home...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The only time they come to my house is when I have called them to report ANOTHER crime in my neighborhood. I always invite them in. I have welcomed them to hide in my driveway and catch speeders or stop sign runners (there is a stop sign in my yard), but they have declined. When Howard Armor ran the OCPD Will Rogers division, he would put a car there sometimes. He's retired now. He was one of my customers.

If they ever came and I hadn't called them, well, I'd just be freaked out. People that come by without calling first are just rude.

When people come to my door without calling ahead first, I simply don't answer the door. :D

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glocktogo said:
When people come to my door without calling ahead first, I simply don't answer the door. :D

Same here. Made it a rule for the house. We even have a code word so the teenager knows its us if we don't have a house key or garage opener to get it.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This.

I am and have always been indignant when it comes to people who just drop by. My dad was the same way. Anyone who knows me or us/the entire family in my home knows to call first. Unless its a neighbor. My wifes entire church knows me as the guy who came to the door in his unnerwear and a big pistol in his hand when he opened the door for a church member who came by unannounced- his wife had sent him over to return a casserole dish.

Police have come to my house when I have called them for something but I usually step outside in the entryway to talk to them. Still I wouldnt hesitate to invite them in as we live in a small bedroom community outside of a city and we know most of the cops here, and I have nothing in my house I need to hide from them.

Last edited:

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's a given, considering I read all legal contracts and documentation pertaining to me. You wouldn't believe how many people are shocked that I do. Even read the whole cell phone contract. That girl was almost offended I did. She was telling me "it just says you'll pay your bill and there's a $200 early termination fee, why you reading the whole thing?!?" My response: "Oh yeah? Then why on earth is it 2 1/2 pages of fine print?" Same thing with our house contract. Realtor was the same way... "It just says such and such... blah blah blah" Uh, excuse me, no it doesn't. Otherwise it wouldn't be 14+ pages long. Sheesh...

Huh, what's this soap box doing under my feet?

Thats what happened when I signed the lease for a 3 bedroom house in Norman a couple months ago. I read every word of the contract at least 3 or 4 times and dissected every sentence. After about 15 minutes of me ripping the thing apart, making amendments that I felt comfortable with, etc the owner's daughter admitted that she just printed the contract from the internet and didnt really read the whole thing but she thought it sounded ok.

I said 'yea right'. If I had plumbing issues or bugs you guys would have looked at the contract and told me to deal with it myself, even though her lip service told me they would take care of it. By the end of that fiasco I made her retype the whole contract and put the money where her mouth was. She told me I was the first tenant to ever do that and I was like yes because I actually care.

Last edited:
L

Layn20s

Just treat them like any door to door salesman or annoying neighbor, peak through an inconspicuous window or peep hole, then go hide until you feel they have given up on you being home and moved on lol

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No, you don't have to notify in your own home, even if you have a concealed weapon on or about your person. There is an Oklahoma Court of Criminal Appeals decision to this effect. The Court decided that the notification law only applies when you're carrying pursuant to a concealed carry license, and that since no license is required to legally possess concealed weapons in the home, it is not required. The same thing should apply in your car, if you have a license but are carrying a firearm in such a manner that it would be legal even if you didn't have a concealed carry license.

The answer to all the other questions is also "no," and they require no lengthy explanation.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I dare you to tell them that they can come in but they'll have to check their weapons at the door since you don't believe in guns.

Latest posts

Top Bottom