When police come to your home...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No, you don't have to notify in your own home, even if you have a concealed weapon on or about your person. There is an Oklahoma Court of Criminal Appeals decision to this effect. The Court decided that the notification law only applies when you're carrying pursuant to a concealed carry license, and that since no license is required to legally possess concealed weapons in the home, it is not required. The same thing should apply in your car, if you have a license but are carrying a firearm in such a manner that it would be legal even if you didn't have a concealed carry license.

The answer to all the other questions is also "no," and they require no lengthy explanation.

From a previous post, I seem to recall that you are an attorney.

Do you practice criminal law?

The reason I ask is that just about every 4th Amendment decision is pages and pages long, so apparently your "no lengthy explanation" statement would fly in the face of most appellate courts past practices.

I mention this only because if you give a one-line answer to something that encompasses a large body of legal work and opinion, you are giving folks here the impression that they may do things that might be legally precarious i.e. the term "allow" that the OP uses certainly gives the impression that if the answer is "no" that you have the legal right to physically resist, which the person may not have based on the situation.

You're the attorney so you know the gig, but simple answers to complex questions can cost people who don't have your legal background.

YMMV.

Michael Brown

reddog1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would let them in, and try to sell them some guns!

LOL peanut... This... is a Glock fotay... I am the only one in this room prefessional enough...POP... Everyone ok? (limp limp)
Now this is an AR15... (Children screaming and running in the backround)

LMMFAO/ROTF!!

jhat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A while back, in the daytime, I heard a loud knock at my front door and opened the door with a cocked and locked 1911 in my waistband. It was a police officer who, after a brief conversation, determined that he had the wrong address. He asked me if I always answered my door with a loaded pistol. I said yes!, dont you? He smiled and said yes, I guess I do. We both laughed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom