Where Are The Revolvers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Des547

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a very hard time selling my nickel 44 mag 4 inch 29-3. Ended up letting it go cheap at the gun show. Nobody wanted it on here. Wheel guns aren't what people are buying now, it's all semiauto

Wish I had seen that ad, I regret selling both a 6" Mod 29 and a 5 1/2 " Ruger BH a few years back. I sometimes carry a no-dash S&W Mod 37 and a first edition Ruger Bisley in 44 mag resides in the safe. I cut my shooters teeth on an old Iver Johnson .22 target revolver back in the middle 60's and have owned a bushel basket of Smiths, Colts and Rugers over the years. When it comes to a do-most-everything side arm a good single action or double action is a joy to shoot.

Des

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
hey des, welcome to the forum. wheely guns don't pop up often but sometimes we get a good one. jwryans ad caught my eye a while back but already had a nickel -2 or i woulda been all over it! stick around and you'll see some more.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The gun that serves as my primary EDC is a 4" S&W model 65. I sent it to Mag-Na-Port about 24 years ago and, in addition to the porting, I had the butt rounded off. A gunsmith rendered it DAO, and smoothed the action and after that and a few thousand 38 Special rounds through it, it is probably the smoothest action I have experienced in any S&W.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm thinking I want a S&W 64 police trade-in. I've got other Smiths but want an all weather truck/tool box gun. No adjustable sights to worry with, etc. I should have bought one when they were plentiful and cheap.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm thinking I want a S&W 64 police trade-in. I've got other Smiths but want an all weather truck/tool box gun. No adjustable sights to worry with, etc. I should have bought one when they were plentiful and cheap.

They are nice, I have a NY-1

And i've been seeing pencil barrel S&W model 10's for decent prices here lately. Seen one minty one at a pawnshop for $350 and another at bills for $399 with a hogue grip, seen a nickel model 36 chief for $399 at another pawnshop.

cvrx4

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have found out that I like wheel guns better than semi autos. It started with a GP 100 that I got from XD9 guy (thanks). I now have 5 revolvers and no semi autos at the moment. My wife is the same, she LOVES that GP100. She named it Sissy!!!! LOL

Latest posts

Top Bottom