Where can I buy massive quantities of

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just go to your local COOP. I paid $2.80 per bushel last week, and picked up 1 1/2 tons. A bushel weighs 56 to 60 pounds depending on the moisture content, so if you look at the wally world prices of $7 for a 40 lb bag, buying in bulk is a bargain. It will be a little more "dirty" with some small pieces of stalk in the corn but its usually not a problem, and we try to pick them out if we see them. Most Coops will drop the corn into a trailer, and you'll have to transfer it into a drum or something. You'll just have to call them and see what they will do. Last year the COOP in PC was so full, they stored it on the ground in a warehouse. They would load a truck with a skid steer.

This is what me and my father have always done. That special corn in the bag isnt anymore special than the corn that gets dumped into the back of my truck. Deer eat it all just the same..

tjones96761

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most coops will have about the same price for all grains. By the time you price shop and add in fuel cost your money ahead to pay a little extra. Deer will go crazy for sweet feed, which is basically what you named off plus molasses.
To truely get ahead you need to buy the grain in the field from the farmer. They will sell it to you for the same price they get at the coop. Keep in mind they will be shooting it out an auger 20' off the ground so you'll have to have an open top trailer.
Probably too late for this year for most crops. You may have to travel to were the grain you want is grown. Wheat, corn, alfalfa - common. Oats, soybeans, rice, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds - less common.
You will get into a SH*TLOAD of overhead in trailers, mixers, grinders, etc. if this is just a hobby. You will be money ahead to have the coop custom mix what you want up to about $1500 per month all year long.

Latest posts

Top Bottom