Lurkers "2 tote survival plan".

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good read Lurker. Reminds me of one of the members over on survivalist boards who is THE List Maker. He has a list of survival items for every scenario and he is a big believer in the Rubbermaid totes like yourself.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Good read Lurker. Reminds me of one of the members over on survivalist boards who is THE List Maker. He has a list of survival items for every scenario and he is a big believer in the Rubbermaid totes like yourself.

Lol. I've been banned from that site. I still lurk tho. Seems they don't share OSA type humor.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We spent 11 days without power on our ice storm. Living in the country puts you at the bottom of the list of places to get back on line.

We didn't have any problems, even without any electricity. We kept heat in the house with the fireplace, used pool water for what ever. Had a family from town come live with us for the duration as they had no idea what to do. The 12 year old son got a quick glimpse of what work can be when he was charged with bringing in firewood, and stoking the fire. Cooked on our fire pit, even rotisserie'd some chicken with human power. Not much different from camping.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Do you remember how much wood ya used? Our power was only out a week during an ice storm, I used up a bunch of "green wood" seems like it was a Rick or more.

Other time was when a Tornado took out the high voltage powerlines...was 12 of the hottest humidest days of my life. Heat wasn't a problem then. I was last house to get power because my lines ran under the big boys.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You talking about Jerry D. Young? I've turned into "just a lurker" on those sites, too. Like here, I'm a big believer in meeting people ... so I've been to several meetings, callouts, etc. with a few "groups" here in the area.

:lookaroun

"Interesting" would be the kindest thing I can say about the folks I've met ...

Oh ... and the "worst" ice storm we dealt with left us without power for 7 or 8 days ... I forget ... we burned approximately 30 gallons of gas in the generator ... home is heated with gas, but the blower is electric ...

That won't happen again. We had an insert put in the fireplace last year. It will heat the whole house now ...

eyecyou

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This thread makes me wanna get to work on finding some canning equipment and get on top of choppin wood. I stacked up about one rick over the summer thanks to a buddy with a felled tree. Now I gotst me one of them there chinsaws so trees beware.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This thread makes me wanna get to work on finding some canning equipment and get on top of choppin wood. I stacked up about one rick over the summer thanks to a buddy with a felled tree. Now I gotst me one of them there chinsaws so trees beware.

You and GC and your power tools ... lol I need some jars. I've been a dehydrating fool since I got that Excalibur but I'm wanting to try my hand at canning some meat ...

Latest posts

Top Bottom