Where I have been

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So I'm sure some of you may be wondering: "hey, where did that AKguy go"??????? Well, i've been on a vacation to Colorado and New Mexico. I went to Taos, Raton, Pagosa Springs and Durango ans Silverton. Here are some pics. I have about 190 on my camera. My phone takes crappy pics.

So first stop on Thursday was black mesa. I had these lofty ambitions of hiking to the summit, which is the highest point in Ok. Well, I wasn't prepared and walked down the trail a couple miles and turned around. So, as I was on the eastern side of the road around the mesa I see this rock about 6ft high. It caused me to burst out laughing. You can decide for yourself why.

Then, after black mesa we went to Taos. There I thought about hiking up to Wheeler peak. Well, that didnt go as planned but I hiked up to Williams lake, two miles up the steep trail. It was worth it though.
The view was gorgeous.

Then, we went to pagosa springs and stayed there a couple days, ate at DSP pizza and the rose cafe and boss hoggs. Here are some pics of pagosa springs and the river.

[Broken External Image]

This is blanca peak near Alamosa

La Veta pass and La Veta peaks

okhunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice pics!!!! Did you happen to go to the Whittington center at Raton? It's a really nice place and worth checking out if you haven't been there.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice pics!!!! Did you happen to go to the Whittington center at Raton? It's a really nice place and worth checking out if you haven't been there.

No, I didnt go there.

Oh, WOW!! Those are beautiful pics ... I bet it was hard to come back home ... to work, huh??
Yes, it was very hard

I spent lots of summers at Pagosa Springs while growing up in Colorado. Love that area.

So Do I.

Latest posts

Top Bottom