where to buy a new or used hi point?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
My dad picked up two hp .40s at a garage sale years ago, $75 and appeared to be unfired. I dont think that he ever shot them. After passed away I brought some of his guns home. I have a couple of jr high cousins that like to shoot when the come to visit and I give them each a HP and four boxes of shells and they have a blast. Each gun has probably had over 1000 rounds, ZERO issues.

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I believe a year or two ago, Eric Fuson shot one in an Oil Capital IDPA match, and won. I'd be very curious to hear his perspective on their quality.

Not a fair comparison. Eric could walk out on a IDPA course with a pocket of rocks, and still beat all of us......

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
my FIL has a .380 and a 9mm. He has not had any problems since he bought new. I have never owned one and prolly never will. To each his own...

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought a Hi Point C9 for my first handgun. I paid about $200 by the time I paid for shipping and FFL fees. In the time I had it (from 2009 to 2012) I probably spent about $600 in ammo and range time. I sold it last winter for $95 and used that as a down payment on a FN FNP-9.

For the most part, the C9 was a serviceable pistol. I only had two problem with it. I could never get the feed lips right on the magazines, so I had an abnormal (some may say normal) number of FTFs/FTEs for a Hi Point. Also, after shooting about 50-70 rounds, the tip of my trigger finger would start to go numb. I probably could have overcome the magazine problem given enough time, and I would imagine I could have sent the gun back to Hi Point and had the trigger problem dealt with, but I wanted a gun with a greater capacity. I also fell in love with the two-tone FNP-9 at first sight!

Do I think I wasted my money? No, I don't. If I had found out I didn't like the shooting sports, I wouldn't have worried over spending a large sum of money in the first place. As it was, I learned I like shooting and decided it was time to move up. I guess you could call the Hi Point my "gateway" gun...

Of course, as always, YMMV.

B

Bill Mac

Their carbines are actually pretty cool...only thing is that the magazine capacity sucks.
I've always liked the Hi-Point carbines until I got educated on KelTec weapons. Being able to use hi cap Glock mags in them makes them a lot more appealing to me. They do run a bit higher but I think I'll save my money and get a KelTec instead.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
My advise - keep in mind I have never owned or shot one - would be to save a little more money and get a nicer gun. But, at the same time, if that was literally all your budget could take, and still afford ammo; then buy the HiPoint, a bunch of ammo, and shoot the thing.

POKE1911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
My advise - keep in mind I have never owned or shot one - would be to save a little more money and get a nicer gun. But, at the same time, if that was literally all your budget could take, and still afford ammo; then buy the HiPoint, a bunch of ammo, and shoot the thing.

Good advise. I'd add go to a gun range not sure of tulsa's prices but around OKC you can rent a gun for an extra $10 bucks.... Shoot a few different ones while you are saving up for the one you want. Looks like the avg loss on trade on this board is around $100. You could rent 10 guns for that... Find exactly what you want and then buy it.

JMS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
bob morris for any hipoint
This ^^^ I'd use him for most guns for that matter (provided you don't mind small dogs that nip at you a little). But in regards to the Hi Points, there are so many great used guns that can be had on the cheap, I don't see why anyone would buy something like this. Especially if there was going to be any kind of home defense duty involved.

Disclaimer: I have never owned or shot a Hi Point. But I have held one of those ugly things. Once...

Latest posts

Top Bottom