where to buy a new or used hi point?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roachjuice

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

roachjuice

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
your exactly right. its not in the same ballpark as a glock. your comparing apples to oranges when it comes to the 2 imo. now a hi point compared to a cobra or a sccy or any other cheap gun i like the hi point better. ive had 2 glocks jam on me while shooting them. just saying. they arent perfect.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't believe you but if they do then send them our way, we have a high success rate with Hi-Points
Like a glock they go boom every time you pull the trigger.

Like I have said before, I'm not a gun snob or a gun basher but this is a complete fallacy and amongst the biggest BS I have ever read on the internet. The carbines are made a bit roughly but it was a decent firearm, however I wouldnt own the handgun if it was given to me.

I have seen my friends shoot brand new hi-point handguns and they were having to clear 2 and 3 FTF/FTEs in EVERY magazine. Just like a Taurus doesnt belong in the same discussion as a Colt, a hi-point is not in the same ballpark as a glock. Do they have their place in the market? ...absolutely but you are getting carried away.

roachjuice

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
for everyone knocking the hi point have you EVER shot a hi point? or are you just repeating what your friends have said about it? honestly i knocked it till a friend let me shoot his. pretty decent gun for under 200. id love to see a glock torture test like those guys on youtube did to that hi point. same with a kimber or any other name brand. im not saying they wont do the same but i doubt that glock or kimber or any other name brand will warranty out the gun like hi point did.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
@roachjuice thats quite a name you have, gave me a good chuckle.

Hi-point virtually had to do that to keep people buying their products with some sort of confidence and also to mend their reputation. In the "gun world" sticking behind your product and customer service are important to a companies longevity and success.

roachjuice

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
@roachjuice thats quite a name you have, gave me a good chuckle.

Hi-point virtually had to do that to keep people buying their products with some sort of confidence and also to mend their reputation. In the "gun world" sticking behind your product and customer service are important to a companies longevity and success.
yea i wouldnt be looking for one if they didnt offer a warranty like what they have. but they seem to be fairly reliable from what ive seen. but this isnt gonna be a carry gun or anything like that. just a cheap range gun thats fairly accurate and cheap to shoot. thats it. if i were to get my ccw id probably look into something like a sig sauer or springfield xd

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Regardless of what you get, the firearms community needs more honest citizens enjoying the sport/hobby.

Have you considered just saving up a little bit more and getting the XD right out the gate? You can get all your range time with that weapon, then when you are ready to carry in the future you will already own a viable platform that you are proficient with.

roachjuice

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Regardless of what you get, the firearms community needs more honest citizens enjoying the sport/hobby.

Have you considered just saving up a little bit more and getting the XD right out the gate? You can get all your range time with that weapon, then when you are ready to carry in the future you will already own a viable platform that you are proficient with.
yea i have. ive given it a lot of though and i figure i can plink around with this for awhile then maybe sell it when im ready or keep it for a messing around gun. i like a lot of guns. sigs. berettas. astra 9mm. paras. etc. etc. all types of calibers. im really not bias toward anything caliber wise. they can all kill. i think ill be fine with this for a little while. i dont even know if i really wanna carry or not.

3inSlugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
yea i have. ive given it a lot of though and i figure i can plink around with this for awhile then maybe sell it when im ready or keep it for a messing around gun. i like a lot of guns. sigs. berettas. astra 9mm. paras. etc. etc. all types of calibers. im really not bias toward anything caliber wise. they can all kill. i think ill be fine with this for a little while. i dont even know if i really wanna carry or not.

Ding ding ding...we have an honest soul. Get used to the Colt/1911/Sig lovers. They are good guys with picky tastes, doesn't mean you have to listen to them.
There are cheaper options though: Glocks, Bersa, Kahr, RIA...they are all good guns that don't come at a premium.

If it is your thing, go with a hipoint. If you are honest with yourself and realize that it isn't a defense or CCL gun, then just have fun blowing ammo at the range!!!

If you are going to buy a sketchy gun, then don't pay very much....pay for what you are getting. It sounds like you know what you are getting: a gun that is cheaper than a tank of gas for some people. Go for it and tell us how you like it! :bighug:

Latest posts

Top Bottom