Where's your best place to live and why?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As I listened to their spiel over the course of the summer I could tell some of them had become quite adept at improvisation.
Where I used to work, they frequently had small tours going through. It was funny listening to the kids running the tours, especially to their versions of things I'd witnessed firsthand. There was some...artistic embellishment, for sure.

Selzerwelding

Hog hunter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
I've been all over the country chasing pipeline and plant work for the last 10 years and seen some beautiful parts of the country but Oklahoma will always be home to me. That said I wouldn't mind having a few acres and a hunting cabin in Catalo Idaho just east of Coeur d'Alene.

Blue Heeler

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have lived in 9 states (two of them twice). I always reflect back to what one of my old bosses once said, "There is not such place as a bad place to live."

IF I could go anywhere now? It might TN or possibly back to TX (San Antonio or Austin).

CoronaBorealis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Say everything has fallen into place and you have plenty of money, your family is willing to go, if you need/want work it is available when you get there, etc. Where would you go and would it be because of climate, recreational opportunities, educational opportunities, remoteness, the view out your windows or whatever? Where would you be if you really were "living the dream"?

Wyoming ---- I want the next nearest person to be in the next state over, and that's about as close as I could probably get to that. Also dark skies, beautiful mountains, snow in the winter and did I mention no one around?

Cowbaby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
MY favorite place to live. Anywhere small town Oklahoma/TX where my ex wife "Attilla the Hun" won't come or too remote to get to.

cost of housing/land==negotiable
Peace of mind--- PRICELESS

Last edited:

Louro

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wyoming ---- I want the next nearest person to be in the next state over, and that's about as close as I could probably get to that. Also dark skies, beautiful mountains, snow in the winter and did I mention no one around?
I guess you don't want any one around? Antisocial perhaps, or you like the social distance? I don't like to have my neighbor next state line over but next zip code over is fine.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Beautiful yes, too wet for me. You grow webbed toes.
We were in Ketchikan, and I was chatting with a young guy working in a t-shirt store one morning.

He says, "Well, at least you have nice weather today."
I says, "Yeah, they said 0 percent chance of rain, but it's already kind of misty."
He says, "Yeah. They don't really consider that 'rain' here."
:laugh6:

Latest posts

Top Bottom