Which 1911

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had an older Safari Arms Enforcer and it was a very good .45. I have two Kimbers and they good for the money. I have never owned a Springfield but, a guy I used to shoot with bought three new ones and had trouble with two of them.

trbii

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had an older Safari Arms Enforcer and it was a very good .45. I have two Kimbers and they good for the money. I have never owned a Springfield but, a guy I used to shoot with bought three new ones and had trouble with two of them.

I bought a Springfield 1911A1 Basic a little over twenty yrs ago and spent hundreds of dollars over the yrs. trying to get it to run reliably. Left a bitter taste in my mouth/memory about that brand. I understand it was their base model 1911 .45 ACP pistol, but the failures during matches and training classes were EPIC. Sometimes it could have been magazine related, but even Wilson combat mags would jam horribly. Brass slammed back into the feed lips of a mag, half in-half out, spreading the lips so wide it took a minute or two just to make the mag eject. Did that once to me in front of Jeff Cooper at Whittington Center range, New Mexico at a six day combat Pistol course I took once. Never forgot that and never experienced anything like that with the Kimber Gold Match I bought next.

justinsaneok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm bout to buy a 1911 tomorrow.
I have 2 used ones in mind.
Both compact. (commander sized)

I can't decide. Both in nice condition.
Olympic arms black widow 1911
Or
Kimber CDP compact ?

Both a lil over $1,000.

I liked my old kimber. Urge you to buy one. They better be in nice condition if they are new if not used they are worth half that.

Chard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought a Springfield 1911A1 Basic a little over twenty yrs ago and spent hundreds of dollars over the yrs. trying to get it to run reliably. Left a bitter taste in my mouth/memory about that brand. I understand it was their base model 1911 .45 ACP pistol, but the failures during matches and training classes were EPIC. Sometimes it could have been magazine related, but even Wilson combat mags would jam horribly. Brass slammed back into the feed lips of a mag, half in-half out, spreading the lips so wide it took a minute or two just to make the mag eject. Did that once to me in front of Jeff Cooper at Whittington Center range, New Mexico at a six day combat Pistol course I took once. Never forgot that and never experienced anything like that with the Kimber Gold Match I bought next.

You should have sent it back to Springfield and they would have fixed it for no charge.

Latest posts

Top Bottom