Which .22 Rimfire Should I Get Next?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which One Should I Buy Next?

• SIG (GSG) 1911-22 Conversion Kit

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The LCI area is a PAIN to clean for me and I have heard that if it gets dirty it can cause some failures. With most 22 being pretty dirty I just disabled it for now and will get a delete when I have money and less projects going. I have also read that the issues of failures blamed on the LCI could be the extractor but either way with the LCI getting in the way while cleaning I would rather just not have it there. I check my Mark III the saw way I check my M&P if there is any question of a round in the chamber and that is to pull the slide back a bit.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I clean my Mark III with brake cleaner, and function check the LCI with my finger when I get done.
Have never had a single failure with thousands of rounds shot through the gun in competition. If I thought it would make me loose one match, it would come out, but it has not, and will stay in my gun.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The MKII is widely regarded, and it did not come with either a mag disconnect or LCI. Then the MK III came out; and had both. Over on the rimefirecentral forum, those aspects of the MK III are despised. You know how it is; people read it on the internet and so it must be true! Anyway, lots of folks don't like such things, just like they don't like the lock on some S&W revolvers. I found the LCI to be in the way when cleaning, plus I read about how ugly it is, and so I took it out. I also feel "all guns are always loaded" so that was another reason I didn't need it. But I see the reason some like it. However, Ruger heard the cries of the many; and the new MK IV doesn't have an LCI. The mag disconnect is still there, but it isn't a visible "lawyer" item like the LCI. Anyway, this is all true...here it is; for all to see!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The LCI area is a PAIN to clean for me and I have heard that if it gets dirty it can cause some failures. With most 22 being pretty dirty I just disabled it for now and will get a delete when I have money and less projects going. I have also read that the issues of failures blamed on the LCI could be the extractor but either way with the LCI getting in the way while cleaning I would rather just not have it there. I check my Mark III the saw way I check my M&P if there is any question of a round in the chamber and that is to pull the slide back a bit.

...isn't that called a "press check" when you pull the slide back a little bit to visually verify that there is a round in the chamber?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom