Which .223 bolt action?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is tight? Sub moa, Moa, 1.5 Moa?

Well, we did not have any paper to shoot at. It was a rush shoot and we had a 4x4 metal on chain target, no sand bags, just on bench and got it to hit at 100yds easy, easy. I need some shooting time on my trigger pull on this one, it is new to me. But I will venture to say it will be a 1 moa, especially with a good shooter. All that I have read as well, shows the little savage will do it too! My son in law was wanting me to get the Ruger American in 223 compact short barrel as we were going to set one up for the grandson and granddaughter to hunt with and I was going after one, and stopped on the way home to get some coffee creamer and this one was on the display, I askd to see it and hold it, and when they handed it to me it was pretty well scratched up on the stock in several places, the manager was the one showing it to me and right there knocked 25% off if I took it. I could not pass it up. I shot some of the Winchester that Gabe and I split through it. I will get back out with it soon and take some good paper targets to know for sure.

I still would like to find a Compact Ruger American in 223 as well.

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Craig3

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have sa Savage Trophy Hunter and I love it.

ditto!
I love my Rem 700's but the savage trophy hunter is just more for less $$.
Looked at a Ruger American and decided that the price difference covers the Nikon scope/base/rings and the Savage action is proven + rebuildable. My 243 Win has really made me very happy.

Cedar Creek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a two Ruger American rifles - a .243 and a .308 compact. Great value and plenty accurate. As mentioned the Remington 700 is great - the older the better, but you just don't see many older 700 rifles in .223 for sale. My .22-250 is 1969 vintage and my 6mm carbine is a 1963 vintage and they suit me fine. A good place for you to check for a Ruger American or Ruger Hawkeye .223 would be Ronnie Burke @ Broken Bow and I'm sure he would trade on your Mini-14.

Good Luck!

Cedar Creek

Latest posts

Top Bottom