Which 9mm for me?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lots of great input. Keep it coming. I'm gonna' be doing a lot of follow-up research, and you guys may cost me a fortune in rental fees to try these out!

dvPete

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I forgot to mention the Ruger P95. I was also considering it.

been ... awkward to hold comfortably ... how so? i.e. are the grips generally too large for most female shooters?

Well I'm not female, but I have small hands and have no trouble with it. I have one of the earlier models with a very smooth grip. They have updated (roughed up) the grips a bit on the newer version, which makes it even easier to comfortably hold on to.

aeropb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd throw the P95 out the window. I'm sure P95's will be around long after nuclear winter but they're damn clunky, the trigger pull is garbage, and the sights suck.

JCW355

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Keltecs are snappy shooters, the girls may not like that. Your too far away from me or I would let you shoot the PF9. I'm a glock guy so I like their 9's. I would take the girls to a gun store and let them handle several 9's, it's going to be hard to find a gun you and they like without shooting it. You might be able to find one the feels good for all of you but shoot it if you can.

E

EP1985

Im a glock man myself but had a chance to buy a ruger p95 the other day for $250 but heard they are not that reliable, did i screw up? Dont know much about them.

Sanjuro82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im a glock man myself but had a chance to buy a ruger p95 the other day for $250 but heard they are not that reliable, did i screw up? Dont know much about them.

The P95 is a very reliable and tough platform. The knock on them has always been their bulk and weight. Overall it's a great design, and make a great plinking pistol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom