Which 9mm for me?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you are thinking about the M&P route then check out Quantico Tactical, they have the dirt cheapest prices i have found on the net at $398 and you can subtract $50 from that if you are in/were in the forces. click --->here

elcaBob

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Smith and Wesson SD9. $361. Bulletproof little contraption. Not as small as a pf9, but you don't get the snappy, almost painful shot, either.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd be taking a real hard look at the Kahr linked. Even with only coming with one mag it's what I'd be buying. Especially if you are looking to get your women into shooting again.

jc5420

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The pistols in 9mm I have personal experience with are:

Ruger LC9
Ruger SR9
Kel tec PF9
Sig p2022
Sig p250
CZ 75b

I am 5'7" and 145 lbs so I am by far a small stature male and all this information is based off my personal needs.

While all are great guns, my favorite by far is the CZ 75b. It balances well, feels and shoots great. This would by my ideal choice for a training pistol. The Sigs are both great, but I prefer the p2022 because of the single/double trigger work. On a side note they do have a bulky frame. The ruger LC9 is for the most part very simular to the Kel Tec PF9 and I would rate it subpar. I much prefer the Kel Tec PF9 for a concealed weapon roll. If I were to pick one to carry and attend clases with, it would have to be the Kel Tec. My only reason for not suggesting the CZ 75b is because it is notably on the heavy side for me to carry.

With that said, my wife really prefers the Kel Tec.

Last edited:

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don, while it's not the best CCW gun in the world, I have a S&W 5906 I'll be selling. Love 'em for range fun. I'd even deliver it!

Hard to beat a deal like that! Keep me posted!

WOW! A lot of excellent info to digest and compare. I appreciate all the input and feel free to chime in with more, whether it be more options or your opinion on some of the options offered thus far. You wouldn't believe all the copy & paste I've done and all the notes I've taken! I almost feel like I'm working on a research project for school again!

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I recently bought a Rock Island Govt. model (5 inch) 1911 in 9mm for $399 brand new. Over 700 rds later, it is reliable, as accurate as anything I own, and because it's a nine in a .45 platform, it is about the softest shooting gun I've ever come across. It has that wonderful 1911 trigger, light, crisp with a short reset, and everyone makes holsters, mag carriers, grips, sights, and so forth for the 1911 platform. If I were introducing a recoil-sensitive lady to pistol shooting, this would be the pistol I'd use. Ditto, if I just want to go to the range with 400-500 rds and have a ball without breaking any skin on my firing hand.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you want to take a look at the Rock Island 1911's check out Centerfire Systems, thats where some other members refered me to when I bought mine. Click here to check them out ---> link here

the 1911 9mm standard version is $379 and the tactical is $430

M

madbrad1953

Bud, Go to a gun shop and try the different guns, and pick the one you can handle the best , remember purchase the best gun you can afford if theres a indoor range near you go rent a few and see which one you can operate/handle and shoot with ease and thebuy best one you can afford

Latest posts

Top Bottom