Which Aimpoint?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tinbender75

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been shooting my AR with irons for a while now and I am finally thinking about getting an Aimpoint. Me and the wife plan on attending some pistol and rifle classes this year too. So I was wondering which is more practical or better a Comp ML3 or one of the Micros? Thanks.

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have been shooting my AR with irons for a while now and I am finally thinking about getting an Aimpoint. Me and the wife plan on attending some pistol and rifle classes this year too. So I was wondering which is more practical or better a Comp ML3 or one of the Micros? Thanks.

I've never used an Aimpoint but if you want to save some money or try out something similar to an Aimpoint, you may look at some of the Primary Arms sights that are very similar but 1/4 of the price.

gsarg

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Depends on what your wanting to do with it. I would say an H1 (or T1) on 14.5" or shorter, or ML3 on 16" and above.

Josh-L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have an H-1 in a Daniel Defense mount looking for a new home for $500...

No reason to look at the full size Aimpoints in my opinion.

Norman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have an H-1 in a Daniel Defense mount looking for a new home for $500...

No reason to look at the full size Aimpoints in my opinion.

The other comp models will save you some cheddar. That's why I went with the ML2 over the T1. I will probably shell out the clams for a T1 eventually though.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The H-1 rocks! I'd much rather have it than an M-3 or M-4. Coupled with the Daniel Defense mount, it's superb.

If you're afraid to spend that much on one without trying it, just pick up a Primary Arms copy for testing purposes, then slap it on a dedicated .22 upper like the Nordic Components upper for cheap training and fun!

Tinbender75

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks everyone! I am going to put it on a 16" upper by the way. I just found out earlier that I am not going to be able to go to a class I want because it is full and I am a "newbie" so I may be in the market sooner than I thought!!! I will keep you in mind Josh, I am still happy with the rail I bought from you.

Latest posts

Top Bottom