Which bolt gun has the best looking wood stock?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just looking for opinions here. Which rifles do you think have the nicest stocks? I have always thought that the Winchester Model 70 was really nice, and the Kimber Classic Select is a good looking rifle. It'd be a gift and I'll be having some wood carving done on it so I'm shopping for a really aesthetically pleasing rifle, it will likely be more of a heirloom rifle.

I would look at boyds. I have not personally dealt with them, but am definitely considering it in the future. Their custom stock setups are nice, and have all the options you could ask for. I built a fully customized high grade maple stock on their with custom stippling and the whole nine yards for $350ish. You can choose or change anything on it, including laser etching and stuff. Then all you gotta do is find the barreled action you want or a donor gun to sell the stock off of.

I stumbled across the sight when browsing for a chassis for the rifle I'm building, and I'm seriously considering boyds for a wood stock for my next hunting rifle. I'm a big fan of blue and wood, which just seems to be hard to find anymore.

http://www.boydsgunstocks.com/find-a-stock

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would look at boyds. I have not personally dealt with them, but am definitely considering it in the future. Their custom stock setups are nice, and have all the options you could ask for. I built a fully customized high grade maple stock on their with custom stippling and the whole nine yards for $350ish. You can choose or change anything on it, including laser etching and stuff. Then all you gotta do is find the barreled action you want or a donor gun to sell the stock off of.

I stumbled across the sight when browsing for a chassis for the rifle I'm building, and I'm seriously considering boyds for a wood stock for my next hunting rifle. I'm a big fan of blue and wood, which just seems to be hard to find anymore.

http://www.boydsgunstocks.com/find-a-stock

I think I am going to put a Boyds Stock on my little Marlin XT-22tr I bought recently. They do have some awful nice looking stocks and for not a lot of funds. I am not quite sure what I want though...need to get to browsing some photos I guess.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think I am going to put a Boyds Stock on my little Marlin XT-22tr I bought recently. They do have some awful nice looking stocks and for not a lot of funds. I am not quite sure what I want though...need to get to browsing some photos I guess.

You will have to post a review with lots of pictures if you do!

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You will have to post a review with lots of pictures if you do!

Its it a matter of "if" as much as it's a matter of "which one?" Any recommendations of which Boyd's stock to put on my Marlin XT22 tube fed rifle?

Sent from my iPhone

Latest posts

Top Bottom