Which gun for hog hunting....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which gun should I use and what ammo would you put it it?

• Total voters

shootermcgavin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They all suck, you should use a

ai306.photobucket.com_albums_nn269_dustingaunder_Guns_20and_20Related_Rifles_2943caff.jpg

I agree.. Let's go sometime. I will have to borrow yours though because mine is.......uhhh....... in the shop getting repairs..... yeah. that's it.

Or maybe they are holding it until I finish paying it off.. or start paying it off.... or order.....but I digress...

Let's go dustin!

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh Snap!! If I am not mistaken, isn't that the Surgeon I have heard so much about?

Not a Surgeon. It's a Sako TRG-42.

Very nice gun! Boy if you took that those would be some expensive pigs to shoot.

I just try to think of it as missing with the AR 12 times, but the 13th shot knocks the poop out of 'em. :thumb:

JimmyC

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really love the AR15 platform. But the .223 can be a little on the small size for some large hogs. It can be done but shot placement is critical when you're using a .223 especially with a small grain bullet.

Of the rifles listed I would go with the .223 and get some heavier grain bullets. I used the 77gr black hills bullets bullets with great success.

If I had to choose my favorite hog killer I would use my newly built AR15 in a 6.8 SPC. Same functionality as an AR15 with a lot more punch. In my opinion it's the perfect hog/deer killing machine.:fullauto:

ai36.photobucket.com_albums_e16_jimcantu_IMG_0871.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom