which is better choice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cimarronvalley

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
My piggy rifles are a Rem 700 ADL .243 Win and a .444 Marlin depending on terrain. Seven kneck shots to date with no piggy complaints; they drop where hit when you shoot them in the kneck. The 7mm is great for open terrain, but not much in close woods. Good hunting.

pdcrig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm going to agree with Criticalbass--Use enough gun. And for your safety as well. Those can be some mean, vindictive animals. And who can blame them? My 7mm08 was used to take one a couple years ago and would have worked fine had the bullet actually hit some bone or thick muscle. It was a perfect, and I mean perfect, heart shot that didn't even expand the bullet. I switched bullets just in case. Go with the 7mm.

bink98xcab

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
like they have stated, 7mm all the way(EITHER). over the 223 , it just doesnt have the power i'd want with a mad pig after me , when the first shot didnt make the stop, not saying it wouldnt , but just in case. i always like to have more than enough instead of not enough

Wall

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ai621.photobucket.com_albums_tt293_havoc2k_IMG_2599.jpg
The choice is easy

Latest posts

Top Bottom