Which pistol for the mrs?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elm Creek Smith

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Let. Her. Pick. It. Out.

My wife took my 4 inch S&W Model 681 Distinguished Service Magnum in, of course, .357 Magnum, away from me after I put Crimson Trace grips on it. She keeps it loaded with Remington 125 grain SJHP .38 Special +P ammo. Typical "ladies guns" are hard to shoot, hard to hold, and have inadequate sights and stopping power.

YMMV.

audiophile

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I know you prob have already made a decision but just wanted to add another suggestion. I think the SCCY was mentioned once but I just picked up the new issue of Combat Handguns and saw that SCCY has released a PDX3 which is basically the same as the 2 but chambered in .380.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know you prob have already made a decision but just wanted to add another suggestion. I think the SCCY was mentioned once but I just picked up the new issue of Combat Handguns and saw that SCCY has released a PDX3 which is basically the same as the 2 but chambered in .380.

Wow! I saw the article online and it looks real. I say that because the magazine has beaten SCCY's own website-there's no mention of a CPX-3 (not PDX) there at all. BTW, it has a reported list price of $339, which would mean it would probably end up being available for about the same price as the other SCCYs--about $280.

audiophile

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Wow! I saw the article online and it looks real. I say that because the magazine has beaten SCCY's own website-there's no mention of a CPX-3 (not PDX) there at all. BTW, it has a reported list price of $339, which would mean it would probably end up being available for about the same price as the other SCCYs--about $280.
You're correct, must have been thinking about ammo [emoji51] but yeah, I have a buddy who's wife has a 2 and loves it. I imagine the 3 will be just as good plus all accessories should be the same because they are the same frame.

Latest posts

Top Bottom