Which Predator call for under $200

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Preacherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have never had any luck with a call (both times) that a friend let me use and I am wanting to purchase one for myself. I want to spend $200 or less. Is the foxpro spitfire good enough or should I look for another brand with more calls? Just Bobcats and Coyote.

Bulls eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I saw a article in Outdoor Life this month where a guy used his smart phone as a caller. He bought a after-market amplifier for it and a external speaker and patch cord, then downloaded his calling files from various predator hunting sights. He spent less than 30 bucks and said it was as good as the commercial ones.

okhunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Get the foxpro. It should work fine. My foxpro has 200 sounds on it and I still use the same 6-8 sounds all the time so don't worry about how many sounds it will hold.

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ive had a lot of luck with this one for predators and it was only about $35 at Academy. Its not as loud as the more expensive electronic calls, but its been getting the job done for me quite well. It has several different animal sounds for predators and deer. I killed a coyote at 20 yards with a crossbow about 2 weeks ago using this call and this past saturday I killed a bobcat at 20 yards with my bow that I also called in with this.

http://www.cabelas.com/electronic-c...-C7EE-DF11-9612-001B21631C34&mr:referralID=NA

Tyson C.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ive had a lot of luck with this one for predators and it was only about $35 at Academy. Its not as loud as the more expensive electronic calls, but its been getting the job done for me quite well. It has several different animal sounds for predators and deer. I killed a coyote at 20 yards with a crossbow about 2 weeks ago using this call and this past saturday I killed a bobcat at 20 yards with my bow that I also called in with this.

http://www.cabelas.com/electronic-c...-C7EE-DF11-9612-001B21631C34&mr:referralID=NA

i have wondered about that one. i have the foxpro FX3 and i like it, but i still carry a hand call to mix it up more. i have been wanting to get my 9yr old son a good/decent priced e-caller and i have seen that one above. the other one that caught my attention was the PRIMOS POWER DOG. i looked/listen to some vids on youtube and they sound really clean on the yote calls and distress sounds.

i have a free app on my phone threw the droid market "COYOTE HUNTING CALLS" and the only issue i have is that some of the calls are really peaky or too high pitched and have an echoing effect in the recording. the siren i use in this app is good, helps for a locate. i have a small amp under my seat, 1/8" to RCA's from my phone to amps input, then a speaker under the hood firing threw the front grill.....cause i can be lazy like that sometimes....lol

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ya'll got me all excited about the FoxPro Spitfire now. I read over a lot of reviews and compared the Spitfire to the Wildfire. Spitfire is $200 and the Wildfire is $300. About the only differences I could find was a couple of more buttons on the Wildfire remote, more volume levels (but same max and min volume), and the ability to hold more calls on the Wildfire, which isn't really even necessary for just predator hunting. I can't justify an extra hundred for those features. All the reviews were pretty complimentary on the Spitfire as an introductory level call. As soon as I get off work I am driving to McAlester to pick one up if they have them in stock. I've never been a big coyote hunter, all I have ever had is a mouth call. By the time I get done calling I am light headed and have to move my hands to get on the trigger. This sounds like exactly what I need to get into it.

11b1776

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought a Johnny Stewart preymaster, and I like it. It's wireless, its loud, it has interchangable sound cards, and the batteries have lasted a long time. The only thing I have found I don't like is, I bought rechargeable batteries for it, and they wont fit in the battery compartment.

Latest posts

Top Bottom