Which reloading press do you use?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RustyW

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I started with a Lee Anniversary Kit about 12 years ago. I've had RCBS, Lee, Lyman, & Hornady. I'm using a Lee Classic Cast Turret and a Hornady LNL AP now and like both very much. The Lee gets used the most because I only load a couple boxes at a time of .357, 44mag, and most of my rifle rounds are loaded on the Lee. I have .223, 243, 30/30, 308, 06, 45/70. The 45acp, 9mm & 38spl get loaded on the LNL AP because I shoot more of them, 3-400 rounds a weekend.

mike_pinto

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Another cheap guy here, I use a Lee turret press for small batch stuff and a couple Lee Load masters for high volume stuff. I might have 3 presses for the price of a 550 so I'm happy :-))

??? 550's aren't that expensive. And with the amount of primers you waste with that POS priming system Lee uses, you probably could have bought 3 550's! :)

I tried the non-Dillon method. Once I got to a point that it took more time to care and feed the Lee, I gave in. Now I run a 550 for .40 and another for .223.

okjoek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Lee Classic, the cast iron one. I love it. I was going to buy a Forster Co-Ax which I believe may be the best single stage press. I was convinced by a man who used to own a reloading company and sold all the presses including his own. He said the Lee Classic is what he now uses and doesn't want anything else. I wouldn't change at this point, who knows in the future. I load for accuracy more than quantity. I also think most presses are very good and will all do a good job. Get what looks good to you and is in your budget.
Reloading sure has made shooting more fun.

Latest posts

Top Bottom