which S&W to buy?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
GTG and Buzzdraw already stated what I think.

I'll just add that I have a 442 and it's not really a fun gun to shoot. I also don't shoot any puny loads in it for practice. All stout type loads because that's what I bought it for. My practice load is a 158 grain Berrys RN in front of 4.7 grains of N320. It approximates the recoil of the +P 135 Gold Dot SB load that I carry and hits about the same POI.

About 100 rounds is all I care to shoot at a time. Just an FYI...

TonyT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The stainless Model 60 gets a bit heavy for pocket carry. Iprefer the hammerless 642 in a pocket holster. I am not concerned with scratches etc. All I want is functionality - five shots without failure. A cheap lifetime investment for ca $500.

farmer17

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Google for Larrys Pistol and Pawn in Huntsville, Alabama. They have several J-frames and Bodyguards on a December special for $299 after rebate, and for that price I would rather have a 442.

gearys 5600

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How do you figure? S&W has it's name all over it, and it is a piece of ****...I read that I need to send it in and S&W will replace the sub-standard parts they put in it...with what? Not so substandard parts?

I believe 99% of the people in this thread are speaking of s&w revolvers. You are speaking of a semi-auto. Two different animals.

goodoleboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
442, i never fire a revolver on single action mode..I think with a short barrel I would probably never either. Being short barrel its not what i would take plinking. Just practice for defense use.

Thern again a small revolver with Sa capabilty would be cool too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom