Who all is waiting for their CCW?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spooln-Rex

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
well i turned in my application on the 19th. Just posted on my bank account today for the backround check and what not from osbi so hopefully it'll be here around the end of march from what the wait looks like. cant freaking wait!!!!! already got my holster broke in decently from wearing around the house. i just need to get a better belt and i'll be set.

fist_rothbone

Marksman
Reaction score
Picked it up today!!

Turned in app & prints --- Dec 4th
Permit issued --- Jan 11th (38 days !!!)
Letter received --- ???
Picked up permit --- Jan 27th (54 days!!)

Based on what I've been reading here, I decided to stop by the CSO here in Okc and "maybe I'll get lucky". However, the deputies at the front door (CSO is @ the County Jail in downtown OKC) told me I had to have my letter before i could even bother coming by. Irritated since I knew this wasn't true, I called the main # and selected "Records". The very helpful lady who answered told me that yes, my permit was ready and I was welcome to come by any time and pick it up, 24hrs a day. I told her that I was already there, but out in my car since the guards had turned me away because "no letter". She was surprised to hear that and insisted that I go back; if i still had problems at security to have them call her. The deputies merely looked at me weird as I walked past them. When i got down to the records dept, I was pleased to see that she was on the phone complaining about how the deputies had misled me!!
Awesome! She checked my ID and handed me my permit. When I asked, she said I absolutely did not need my letter (they haven't even mailed it yet) and that the deputies should know better.

My permit was issued on 1/11...over 2 weeks ago!!!

Don't wait on your letter, Okc people...my permit was issued in 38 days!!

You can call the CSO and check: 405-719-1000 option 4
I am so happy I took a chance!!

kwinok

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just submitted my paperwork and got printed at Cleveland County a week ago. From what I have been told by more than one person, Cleveland County has a big reject rate on the print cards!!! Will see what happens with mine!!!

DobieWorld

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okay, I picked my license up tonight from the Oklahoma County Sheriffs office downtown. It was during visiting hours so that was fun!

Submitted application November 19th 4 pm

License dated January 8th 51 days

Letter Missing in action

Picked up January 27th 70 days

Glad I didn't keep waiting!!!!! JOKERS!!!!

Huskieowner

New to the site!
Reaction score
OK, now I have to chime-in on this topic. Just joined today after watching for several weeks. Upon advice on this thread, today I called the OCS and was told my license was ready to be picked up.
My application date: November 12
Due date after 90 days: Feb 10
License date: Jan 7; 56 days from application date.
Days license sat in the box at OCS: approximately 26

I assume my license was processed on Jan 7 and sent to OCS soon after, but no letter of notification was sent to me.

As someone else posted; IF YOU LIVE IN OK COUNTY DO NOT WAIT 90 DAYS TO INQUIRE...THEY EVIDENTLY DO NOT SEND LETTERS TO NOTIFY YOU . THE DIRECT PHONE NUMBER TO THE OCS RECORDS DEPT IS:713-1919

aodh

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Picked mine up today after calling TCSO to see if it was in. No letter yet.

..............................................Date.............Elapsed Days
Paper work dropped off..............11/03/09
SO Deposited finger print check...11/04/09............... 1
License dated...........................01/07/10 .............64
Picked up.................................01/21/10 .............14
Total days..........................................................79

Not too bad, I bet if I'd have called at about 70 days I could have had it then. . . Dern it!!

Got my letter today, day 95.

Latest posts

Top Bottom