Who is taking a kid out for youth hunt next weekend?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am taking my niece for her first deer hunt. I am planning to take off Friday and get her out that morning. Now to try to pick a spot where I can get her on a deer.

orangeRcode

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Taking my 9 year old son. I bought a Marlin 30 30 at Bass Pro 2 months ago. When I got it home I noticed a crack in the butt stock. Took it back to them and they said no problem, they would just send it over to Tulsa "Sports World" and they would restock and have back to me in 4-6 weeks. They assured me it would in no way interfere with any hunting season. I call and followup several times. 2 month mark passed on 10/11 and I call again. Talk to the gun counter gal and she calls Sports World and what do you know? Marlin hasn't sent the stock yet and they have no idea when it will be in. So much their guarantee. They have no replacements (at the price I bought it). I can return it and pay a higher price for another one if I like. I'm about fed up with BP.

I will likely have him shoot my AR now and take off the scope.

MrTrips

New to the site!
Reaction score
Ill be out with my Son on Friday Morning, hopefully to tag a big ole Doe. Kinda bummed but this is our last year for youth since he is now 17. He loves to hunt with his Thompson Center Venture 30-06, I load it up with a great 150 Grain Hornaday SST with 47 grains of H335 Powder, good starter load, funny he likes shooting the 06 and doesnt mind the recoil over shooting the AR-15 in 6.8 Remington! LOL

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Youth hunt age limit is 14 and up. My boy is 14 this year and I'll take him to get a nice doe.

Not sure where you saw the 14yo and up part?

Youth Deer Gun

Age Requirements

Youth under 18 years of age: All youth while hunting are required to be accompanied by an adult, 18 years old or older. The adult cannot gun hunt, but may archery hunt while accompanying the youth hunter. The adult hunter may not possess any firearms except under provisions of the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act and Oklahoma Firearms Act.

License Requirements

Resident youth under 16 years of age: Must possess a youth deer gun license (antlered or antlerless) or an apprentice-designated youth deer gun license or proof of exemption. Exempt from the purchase of a hunting license. Youth 7 years of age or under must be hunter education certified to hunt deer.
•Resident youth 16 and 17 years old: Must possess a hunting license (see Licenses & Permits) or proof of exemption. In addition, must possess a youth deer gun license (antlered or antlerless) for each deer hunted or proof of exemption.
•Nonresident youth 17 years of age and younger: Must possess a nonresident deer gun license or apprentice-designated nonresident deer gun license (see Hunter Education). Exempt from a hunting license. Youth 7 years of age or under must be hunter education certified to hunt deer

Latest posts

Top Bottom