Who knows about FN-FALs?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
ooooooah a nice wood and metal firearm..I think israeli or something HB with a bipod..look like squad weapon. Dang things are heavy. I ain't an expert, but I saw one configured like the above description...you would have to have some sack to carry it long.

kalebiscool

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
My dad has a Springfield with the wood furniture. it is super easy to shoot. The only problem he has ever had was it broke a small piece off the front of the bolt the second time we shot it. it still shot as we did not notice it until we went to clean it. found a bolt at a gun show and problem solved.I am not sure if it is a common problem, but you might check it out. We were shooting factory ammo.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My dad has a Springfield with the wood furniture. it is super easy to shoot. The only problem he has ever had was it broke a small piece off the front of the bolt the second time we shot it. it still shot as we did not notice it until we went to clean it. found a bolt at a gun show and problem solved.I am not sure if it is a common problem, but you might check it out. We were shooting factory ammo.

If your old man ever wants to sell that SAR, give me a holler - I'd love to put that in the safe next to mine.

Reaction score
Since you're able to try it before you buy it, I'd so do just exactly that, and buy it if it runs and is comfortable and accurate for you. Parts FALs can be hit or miss - but the ones that hit, HIT - good rifles. And the ones that miss, MISS. By shooting it, you can find out which one it is. I'd run at least 30 or 50 rounds through if he'll let you.

Latest posts

Top Bottom