Who makes the best Kydex IWB...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LBnM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I've been a Milt Sparks fan for years. Still have some VM2s and an SS2, but I won't order from them again due to the wait time. I don't like Kydex and have tried many. Only one that I have tried compares to the VM2 for comfort and it might even be better. Crossbreed Supertuck. The thing I dislike about Kydex is the Snick! I certainly don't want to tell someone I'm drawing a handgun!

I have tried several leather holsters to replace the VM2 and I have found one I like as well, if not better. It is the Select Grade IWB holster with reinforced Sweat Shield from Concealco. http://www.greatholsters.com/ I thought at first that because of the design it could not be comfortable but it is (actually a little more than the VM2) It also conceals as well as the VM2. I now have one for a P220, a P239 and an L frame Smith, and one on order for a P229. They are great holsters and, best of all, it takes a month or less to get them.

If it must be Kydex try the Crossbreed but I think you would like the Concealco. My primary is always in that or a VM2, but more and more lately with the Concealco. I do wear a Crossbreed Mini Tuck left side with a Kahr BUG. I had both on all day with no comfort problem - took the big gun off when I came home but still have the Crossbreed/Kahr on now. I figure if I ever need a BUG a "Snick" won't matter.

Of course 30 days is a long time to keep a pistol!

cowboydoc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was looking at a Crossbreed or Minotaur for my Beretta 92 and found a used C-TAC (the one without the leather backing). Once I got it adjusted it is just as comfortable or maybe even more comfortable than my Galco leather. I have to wear a T-shirt, just like I do with any other IWB holster. It is a quality product. I just ordered a new OWB holster and some mag holders from Comp-Tac and they are a great company to do business with. I had my stuff in less than a week.

Here is the link to the IWB I have. http://www.comp-tac.com/product_info.php?products_id=61

english kanigit

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Compatc Minotaur.

From the day you punch in your order it will take 3 maybe 4 days to have it in your sweaty little mitts. I bought mine because I was looking for a 'tuckable' holster solution for a wedding. I have carried with a Milt Sparks SS-II for a long time. I thought for a long time that the Comptac thing was just some sort of 'fad'.

It ain't.

The holster is very comfortable even in hot weather. That big leather pad actually spreads out the imprint of the gun making it surprisingly comfortable and because of the two widely spaced points of attachment it is rock-solid. The other cool thing about this holster is for about $20 you can set it up for a different gun just by buying a new kydex 'shell' to mount to the leather base. My G/F also got me a pistol mag pouch and an AR mag pouch for my birthday both of which have impressed me greatly with their quality.

GED, get the Comptac. It looks weird as hell but it works. If it doesn't work for you then sell it to me! :thumb:

Ek

Latest posts

Top Bottom