Who you voting for Oklahoma County Sheriff?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who are you voting for Oklahoma County Sheriff

• Sorrels

Votes: 28 70.0%
  • Whetsel

Votes: 12 30.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Skint

New to the site!
Reaction score
This is a valuable forum I have been a reader and member since at least 2009 but could not recover my pass word to post. I unabashedly support Sorrels and found the poll provocative enough to re-register and post!

RealisticOKC

New to the site!
Reaction score
Whetsel has built a top notch patrol division. His officers are second to none. No one can dispute that fact. He has been blessed with some of the best LEO Oklahoma County has ever had. Will these LEO stop being great LEO if Whetsel isn't there?? Probably not. They have those jobs because of who THEY are not because of who Whetsel is. Anyone who thinks that Whetsel is totaly in charge isn't giving credit to alot of LEO's that run OCSO. Whetsel is too busy going to meetings and belonging to organizations to run the patrol division of OCSO.
Who thinks he runs the jail?? Anyone who thinks Whetsel runs the jail is mistaken. He doesn't care two bits about that jail. He wants a new building so he can name it the John Whetsel Center. He doesn't care about the people in the jail, employees or detainees. He uses people for his own needs. He doesn't run that jail, so why not let someone else try to clean that place up?? Why should the taxpayers in Oklahoma County be forced to finance a new jail just because he let that one run down like he has. Millions of dollars have been paid out for bad business at the jail.
Whetsels time is over and we need to just let it go and try to salvage the jail. I am voting for Sorrels.

cowzrul

Distinguished 1998
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just received a phone call at my home from a Dallas 214 area code. Programmed solicitation saying re-elect Sheriff Whetsel. He must be worried. I don't remember getting a cold call last election.

BULLSEYE63

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I,m definitly not votin for WEASEL, I remember in the '90 when he was sheriff in Choctaw he said if they pass concealed carry , there would be shootings in the streets in news interviews. He was totally against concealed carry, but all of a sudden when he ran for Oklahoma County sheriff he was at all the gun shows shaking hands trying to put on a different face with his pro-gun con job. Don't be fooled, in my opinion this weasel is a elitist who thinks only people of his stature should have guns. When he was running for Oklahoma County sheriff all i heard was how his wife and child were killed in a police pursuit, like that has anything to do with his qualifactions. He's done a rotten job as sheriff and if it hadn't been for the sympathy vote from his wife and childs tragedy he wouldn,t have gotten half as far in his career. All enemys of gun rights are my enemys, especially the deceiving kind.

Jack T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just heard a commercial (WWLS) in which Miles Hall (H&H) said Whetsel was a "strong supporter of concealed carry and the 2nd amendment."

I don't have a dog in the fight, but I thought "strong supporter of concealed carry" was a bit of a stretch.

Latest posts

Top Bottom