whos place is it.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Everyone at work wants to turn him in. We have had other people like this in the past and when something was said they tell that person to mind their own business. This kid happens to be the son of one of the engineers here so I highly highly doubt going to management will do any good,it would probably make things worse for me.

C'mon... You can report to OSHA anonomously so what are you waiting for? :anyone:

If it were me I'd go straight up the chain and ask howcome something hasn't already been done about this OBVIOUS and SERIOUS problem that EVERYONE knows about?

So seriously, everyone has given you good advice about just approaching your supervisor and bringing it to their attention and asking for something to be done. Get at least one other person to do it with you if possible. If the problem continues, report him every single time and if they continue to ignore the problem, then report it to OSHA or just report to OSHA in the first place although I think you have a better shot of getting the problem completely solved through management. The life you save may be your own.

DO IT!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its pretty obvious that upper management won't do anything. So I think I will just report an intoxicated driver when I get off work.

How is it obvious? Just because they haven't done anything so far? Sometimes they need a kick in the a$$.

I'd not only report an intoxicated driver, I'd speak to management, I'd make an OSHA report and to top it all off, if this bozo was endagering my life, I'd bust him in the mouth and anyone who continued to enable him. But that's just me and I'm a badaZZ HEAD mofo. Your milage may vary.

cmhbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Where do I start?

1. Yes, report your observations to your supervisor. Document your conversation.
2. If you don't get satisfaction, or if you are retaliated against report this to your supervisor's boss. Document your conversation.
3. Repeat up the chain of command as necessary until something is done.
4. If you suffer ANY retaliation they have created a Hostile Work Environment and you have grounds for a law suit.
You have spoken...wisely. Especially WRT the hostile work environment. Remember those words.

uniquediversity

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have made comments about similar issues about other people and their work ethic and have been told to keep our mouth shut and mind our own business. And to not talk about it any more or we will be sent home for 3 days.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have made comments about similar issues about other people and their work ethic and have been told to keep our mouth shut and mind our own business. And to not talk about it any more or we will be sent home for 3 days.

Wow.

I wouldn't quit right away, but I'd be searching for a new job that's for sure.

Then i'd bust some 'o those fools in the mouth.

I'm for hire too... kinda like a better armed and much better looking A-Team all rolled into one, lone H.M.F.I.C.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow.

I wouldn't quit right away, but I'd be searching for a new job that's for sure.

Then i'd bust some 'o those fools in the mouth.

I'm for hire too... kinda like a better armed and much better looking A-Team all rolled into one, lone H.M.F.I.C.

I wouldn't quit either ... I'd call OSHA and report the **** ... then I'd take myself into a super's office and have a conversation with them ... the illegality of "retaliation" would cross my lips a couple of times ... that kind of stuff just burns me up!! :(

Last edited:

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
ABSOLUTELY, report it! My first inclination was to say go up the chain of command because that's how you SHOULD get the quickest response. But, doesn't sound like that's going to happen in your situation. Whatever you do, do something NOW! Why wait another day when it might mean the loss of your life or one of your co-workers. If possible, don't go it alone ... get some of those endangered co-workers to file a complaint along with you. Good Luck, and Keep us Posted!

uniquediversity

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't want to leave because I love my field of work and I have invested 3 years here and in 3 more I will be fully vested in the esop ownership plan. This guy just needs to be dealt with.

Latest posts

Top Bottom