who's the local m1a expert

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

txnavalaviator

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i put my sadlak back on the m1a as per directions and yet again with the scope fresh back from bushnell its way left... with 2 different sets of rings.... i believe this is now out of my league. i'd like to get it looked at locally before i start sending parts/ guns back to mfg's

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds like you dove tail adaptor is too far to the left. Re-center it and you should be a lot closer. What is happening is your scope is sitting with the front too far to the right and the rear too far left. I am willing to take a look at it, but it would be after the High Plains Shotgun Match on the 10th and 11th. If you are interested give me a p.m. and we can work it out. KurtM

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
when you bought your sadlak, did you use their receiver test kit to see if your receiver is mil spec? A lot of the more recent M1A receivers are not in spec, and the mounts will not fit right.

Sadlak charges a deposit on the receiver test kit, which is refundable if/when you return it, I think. If your receiver is out of spec, you tell them the measurements and they will mill your scope mount to fit for a little extra charge.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm sure you thought of this, but?
Did you try turning the rings 180 degrees.
Example is old weavers were designed for the big screw
to be on the left side. But sometimes that wouldn't give enough
adjustment so you flipped them around so the big screw was
on the right and Wala! you've got plenty of adjustment.

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
When I put my Aimpoint on my M1A Scout, it took quite a few adjustments to get it zeroed. Never had so much to adjust on any other rifle in my life than this one. Once dialed in, great gun.

txnavalaviator

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i've tried 3 different sets of rings and sent the scope back to bushnell already... its the receiver or mount. and if it is the receiver why get the sadlak custom formed, couldn't i send the gun back to springfield.

Latest posts

Top Bottom