Why I choose to carry a revolver...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BravoOne

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was giving you genuine props. I'm not going to beat this dead horse any longer, agreed to disagree. I know myself, and feel I've made the correct decision.

Thanks!!! LOL

I understand where you're comin' from....

Hope everyone understands that I simply want Y'all to have the best possible chance to survive a violent encounter & that's why I'm so persistent in what I believe in...

Cedar Creek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think my concealed carry gun is actually an "I" frame S&W. It is a .32 Hand Ejector six-shot revolver with a 3" barrel. I load .32 S&W Long ammo for it with a 90 grain Keith-type cast bullet and I know it is a little marginal, so my other wheel gun for carry is a Model 15 K-Frame loaded with 125 grain HP bullets @ +P level. I guess the ideal carry gun for me would probably be a nickel "J" Frame Model 13 S&W with a 3" barrel. I see some pretty good deals on Gunbroker for one, but I just never run on to one in person.

I have a Ruger P89 hi-cap 9mm that I keep in the house, but I am just more comfortable with a revolver. And when I am bumming around in the woods on the weekends a Ruger Single-Six .32 H&R mag revolver fits perfectly in the right front pocket of a pair of Carhart overalls.:gun1:

Cedar Creek

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I think my concealed carry gun is actually an "I" frame S&W. It is a .32 Hand Ejector six-shot revolver with a 3" barrel. I load .32 S&W Long ammo for it with a 90 grain Keith-type cast bullet and I know it is a little marginal, so my other wheel gun for carry is a Model 15 K-Frame loaded with 125 grain HP bullets @ +P level. I guess the ideal carry gun for me would probably be a nickel "J" Frame Model 13 S&W with a 3" barrel. I see some pretty good deals on Gunbroker for one, but I just never run on to one in person.

I have a Ruger P89 hi-cap 9mm that I keep in the house, but I am just more comfortable with a revolver. And when I am bumming around in the woods on the weekends a Ruger Single-Six .32 H&R mag revolver fits perfectly in the right front pocket of a pair of Carhart overalls.:gun1:

Cedar Creek

Model 13 is a K-Frame in .357 magnum. As to your "I" framed gun does the ejector rod have a large knurled head or is the entire rod straight? Also how many screws on the frame i.e. 5-4-3? If its 4 to 3 it could very well be a J instead of an I frame, and a pre-model or model marked 30 if it has a round butt grip. If its a square butt grip, its a model 31.

dhall0225

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Whats the issue with Gabe Suarez? I havent been on his forum much but I have gotten his newsletter fairly regularly. I watched a pretty good edged weapon defense video that he did. From what I have seen, other than all the sales pitches for his classes, he seems to have some pretty good insight as far as "train like you fight, fight like you train". If I am wrong or if there is more that I should be aware of, someone please help me see the light.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Whats the issue with Gabe Suarez? I havent been on his forum much but I have gotten his newsletter fairly regularly. I watched a pretty good edged weapon defense video that he did. From what I have seen, other than all the sales pitches for his classes, he seems to have some pretty good insight as far as "train like you fight, fight like you train". If I am wrong or if there is more that I should be aware of, someone please help me see the light.

If your Google-fu is strong, you should be able to find lots of stuff on why Gabe doesn't have a good rep. Most of the problem is his own doing. He's not the first nationally recognized instructor to get into trouble with the law, and probably won't be the last.

That doesn't affect what he has to teach, but it does cast a negative shadow over his operation. There are so many instructors out there that I see no reason to go to one with issues unless I've been to everyone else first and still wanted more.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

He is also known to steal others writting and work, and claim it for his own. When challenged instead of owning up to it, he bad mouths the person, makes threats, and if they are on his little forum, well you can guess from there what happens next.

Latest posts

Top Bottom