Why I choose to carry a revolver...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Regina

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
My Wife is a leftie & has never been plauged by brass pelting her... Dunno why semi's don't like you...

We come in a variety of sizes and shapes, just like the men do. And just like one man's comfort with a particular type of gun doesn't mean every man will be comfortable with the same type, it holds true for women as well.

The adrenaline is a bit of a double-edged sword. I truly do believe that if I had to use my firearm and a shell went down my shirt, my first thought would be that I was hit. This would probably cause me to do one of two things:
1. Stop fighting all together from the fear. (Yes, that's a bad mentality, but a realistic one)
2. Full blown panic and take a shot when I shouldn't. (Putting innocent bystander in danger and wasting ammunition. P.S. Wasting ammunition should be a concern no matter how many rounds you've got.)

I'm not saying that women shouldn't carry semi-automatics, they should carry what they're comfortable with.

Mitch Rapp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
We come in a variety of sizes and shapes, just like the men do. And just like one man's comfort with a particular type of gun doesn't mean every man will be comfortable with the same type, it holds true for women as well.

The adrenaline is a bit of a double-edged sword. I truly do believe that if I had to use my firearm and a shell went down my shirt, my first thought would be that I was hit. This would probably cause me to do one of two things:
1. Stop fighting all together from the fear. (Yes, that's a bad mentality, but a realistic one)
2. Full blown panic and take a shot when I shouldn't. (Putting innocent bystander in danger and wasting ammunition. P.S. Wasting ammunition should be a concern no matter how many rounds you've got.)

I'm not saying that women shouldn't carry semi-automatics, they should carry what they're comfortable with.

Have you tried very many different types of semi's? just curious, as ejection patterns are not the same, or even close in some cases.

Regina

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have you tried very many different types of semi's? just curious, as ejection patterns are not the same, or even close in some cases.

I have handled probably 5 semi-automatics. And you're right, it could just be that I need a certain one, but I have a very practical mind in all aspects. Even guns. "This one works the best, I know it well, and feel most comfortable shooting it." So I'm less apt to try a different gun.

The hubby? "Honey, we need this gun," is said so much we'll probably put it on his tombstone.

BravoOne

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Weeeellll... I dunno about that... When I was in Iraq in 2007 I was in an engagment in a stairwell & ended up breaking my back & didn't know it... I continued mission for 5 hours afterward and only thought I had strained it...
I just found out a month or two ago that I had actually broken it when the VA scanned me for unexplained back pain...
Pretty sure you're not gonna notice the brass ;)

And I agree that varied semi's eject differently... My Wife has fired Glocks & Sig's with no issue...
Although I have had my Glock eject a round pretty much straight up & have it hit the brim of my cap once... Hasn't happened since...

Regina

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Weeeellll... I dunno about that... When I was in Iraq in 2007 I was in an engagment in a stairwell & ended up breaking my back & didn't know it... I continued mission for 5 hours afterward and only thought I had strained it...
I just found out a month or two ago that I had actually broken it when the VA scanned me for unexplained back pain...
Pretty sure you're not gonna notice the brass ;)

(Thank you very much for serving!)

Good job, you get a set of brass balls key ring in addition to your man card. And it's the deluxe one! :thumb:

But .... how much training have you had? .... Yeah, if you expect the same reaction time, and mentality from me that you have after training and being deployed in a war ... you're going to be sorely disappointed.

BravoOne

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LOL Wasn't showin' off my man card ;) I try not to mention Iraq stuff if possible, but it's the only big example of adrenaline I could show...

Adrenaline is the same though regardless of training... Mom's pick up cars that fall on their babies & people do some weird stuff when effected by it...

My point was you're probably not even gonna fel the brass until WAAAAAAAY later.....

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
LOL Wasn't showin' off my man card ;) I try not to mention Iraq stuff if possible, but it's the only big example of adrenaline I could show...

Adrenaline is the same though regardless of training... Mom's pick up cars that fall on their babies & people do some weird stuff when effected by it...

My point was you're probably not even gonna fel the brass until WAAAAAAAY later.....

I've still got the burn scar from a piece of .45ACP brass between my shoulder blades, while doing room clearing drills in an active shoot house it fell right in there past the helmet, vest and uniform and T-shirt. Couldn't do anything about it till after the run through.

BravoOne

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've still got the burn scar from a piece of .45ACP brass between my shoulder blades, while doing room clearing drills in an active shoot house it fell right in there past the helmet, vest and uniform and T-shirt. Couldn't do anything about it till after the run through.

Yeah I've been struck by the brass monster a few times... Blows but what ya gonna do right?!?

All of mine were from bein' close to someone shootin' rifles in shoot houses, assaults, etc...

Regina

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score

I was giving you genuine props. I'm not going to beat this dead horse any longer, agreed to disagree. I know myself, and feel I've made the correct decision.

Latest posts

Top Bottom