Wichita Mountains Elk Results

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redmule454

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do the biologists kind of point you in the right direction or give you a pretty good idea where the elk will be found?

The hunt leader told me where he had been seeing a bull but another hunter picked his drop off point near it. The hunt leader also told me where some others had hunted in years past, hiking the canyons. I mainly just used my experience and willingness to go after them to be successful. I knew they would need grass, want to avoid the north wind and be on southern slopes when the sun popped out. I found both groups of bulls with hills to the north, out of the wind, feeding, they were over 1 mile from the road. They guy hunting the bull closer to the road got him on the second day, he was probably the smart one after all. :)

Redmule454

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Congrats on a great hunt. Nice looking bull, you taking it to the taxidermist?

Thanks... Yes, I thought about doing a European mount but being it's a once in a lifetime hunt and the winter coat on him was 3" thick on the neck, I went ahead with a shoulder mount. I may have to build onto the house, cut a hole in the ceiling or ?

Attachments

• Taxidermy2.jpg
    Taxidermy2.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 143

Latest posts

Top Bottom